EZ smoke

Anxiously waiting for Costco end of season clearance...

1 hour ago, EZ smoke said:

...anybody seen the PB being marked down yet? B) I'm considering buying another one if they get down to ~$300-$400 like years past.

I haven't yet, but I think I'm going to pull the trigger tonight and hope that they drop in the next week or two and claim the discount then.  My store seems to be rolling through them quicker than in years past, and while I'd love to have a KJ or Egg, I'll take the Pit Boss at half the cost overall and call it a win, even if they don't drop in price.

I tried to snag one last year towards the end of the season and nearly got one (the display model) but on closer inspection the lid was cracked and the rim was badly chipped from people closing the lid on the Ash tool so give it a good look over unless it's still in the box

I picked one up last night at full price, they were down to one other and the display model, so I'll see in a week or so if they drop the price or sell out.  I planned to buy one regardless so it's not really dependent on it going on sale. My Akorn is rusting out on the bottom.

4 minutes ago, Red River Smoke said:

I picked one up last night at full price, they were down to one other and the display model, so I'll see in a week or so if they drop the price or sell out.  I planned to buy one regardless so it's not really dependent on it going on sale. My Akorn is rusting out on the bottom.

Congrats!

I'm sure you'll really like the PB.

My local ones all seem to still have about 3-5 left, plus the display. One of the displays the hinge has broken off of the lid from all the opening and closing, and the others they've actually zip tied the lids shut so you can't open them, but they still look pretty roughed up.

My closest store never stocked them... the one 20 miles away had them in stock early in the season. As soon as I hear they have dropped I'll be going to check it out to see if they have any remaining. They also still have them online (for full price $750 delivered) but in years past the online clearance price was $500-$550 IIRC.

I am also waiting.  My store only has 1 plus display, another nearby store has 7 though, so hopefully the price will drop soon.  Anyone know what day Costco usually marks stuff down? Sunday or Monday I am assuming.

Well I decided not to wait.  I am getting a truck and some muscle together for tomorrow.  Hopefully they will drop the price in the next 30 days and I can get the discount.  But hey it seems like a pretty good deal regardless if I get the discount or not.

My Costco is on its third round of selling out. They just got another 3 in and there is no indication that they intend to drop the price as long as people keep buying them. 

My local Costco sold out at regular price. Glad I got mine last year at $399. Well actually  $389 if you count the $10 back in the end of year check. 

I finally spotted one...I have a few Costco's within like 20 mins...haven't seen any in stock since a few months ago. Saw once last weekend and was surprised that it was still full price. 

Picked up the last one yesterday at dsm Costco. Worked them down to $500. Not sure I could have gotten lower. They went 600-540-525-515-500. I don’t see any cracks. Can’t wait to try it!