hillbillyben

2 zone cooking...on KK

As in basket splitting? I believe all of them. The splitters are an accessory purchased separately, but I believe they all have the option. I have a 19” table top, and a 23”, and have splitters for both. 

Well maybe?! Lol.  I guess I'm not sure entirely the differences between all the models.  Is it like a KJ/primo D&C type system?

im wanting to find which size would be best for 4-8 people.  And honestly what are the major differences between models or is it just size?   Im sure construction would be the same.   

It’s just size, and price of course. Yes, the basket splitter would be similar to the d&c system. 

All kks are built with the same materials, held to the same quality standards, and same warranty, which is lifetime. I suggest you call Dennis, he loves talking grills, or at least visit the kk forum, so you can chat directly with owners of all sizes and get a feel for what you may want. Regardless, no matter what else is said, kks are the absolutely finest Kamado available. 

As far as 2 zone cooking goes... keep in mind the 23" has a round charcoal basket and the other models have charcoal baskets that are more so the shape of the grates.  The round basket can be split and set in the grill in any position - you can clock it whatever way you want.  Some might find front and back handier for a rotisserie cook.  And you can only split left to right on the other models.  

I have never regretted my KK purchase.  I got a 23 for a variety of reasons.  One of them was that I wanted the round charcoal basket for 2 zone or rotisserie cooking.  I honestly don't use either that often (maybe a couple of times a year) but they were features I wanted.  The other was because when I entertain a larger group (like I am tonight) I tend to do low and slows.... Not grilling.  Grilling is more for smaller groups for me so the 23 has had plenty of space.  We are a family of 4 (young children though). I've heard great things about essentially all of the grills.  It's more about getting what you need for your particular eating and cooking habits.  You should call Dennis.  I hate salesmen and he is literally ZERO pressure.  In fact when I toyed with the idea of a 32, he kind of talked me out of it....