A mysterious package appeared on my porch late Saturday afternoon

fullsizeoutput_6d5.thumb.jpeg.ccd9d39182bce0c987edd5b9b22cc016.jpeg

My thoughts at first glance were: call Homeland Security! It appeared to be some type of explosive device sent from Montana, Wyoming or some such place. Hmmm, have I ticked off ms. kismet lately?

fullsizeoutput_6d2.thumb.jpeg.edabdc4ebb1fea097b6e20a9a02ef32d.jpeg

The contents however proved very harmless and quite attractive and appealing, if I might say so myself.

IMG_3147.thumb.JPG.32d8e19762cdaa44394eac87fc09d013.JPG

Apparently, some type of stainless steel vanity plate cooking device of sorts. Certainly a brisket cooking grate of some kind. Better see how she fits on the spanking new year old Big Joe.

IMG_3150.thumb.JPG.cae0031f82ed73ec774c87b703d5ba25.JPG

Ten, perhaps a fire to season it.

IMG_3156.thumb.JPG.065a8372548abc18bade4e61e5a05872.JPG

Adding successive coats of both avocado and vegetable oils

IMG_3158.thumb.JPG.3ae0004a2b2d65ed9d0667bfe8941603.JPG

Lights getting away from me; will throw something good on it either Sunday or Monday.

IMG_3159.thumb.JPG.0e9bd90d0001f8af9320f01c1e723c6a.JPG

Granted, I am biased because I designed it, but: this is the sexiest grill grate I've ever seen! I only wish The Burn Shop was able to have pulled off my other designed which was defintely 'mo betta' as they say.

Hmmm..... that's definitely not the package I sent.  Might tell your neighbors to turn and run (preferably gently and not too stompy)  if they see any stray packages on their porches.... ;)

Very, very cool!  I really like the slant to the grate "bars" - gives a nice movement to the piece.

Between the new Big Joe and that grate, you've got to be the happiest person in whatever part of the world it is that you are actually in.  

4 hours ago, TKOBBQ said:

That looks "grate".  I've looked at his stuff before, thought about getting a metal sign made up.

6d7d8522e18c4cc363dc9b0dcb101d5f.jpg

Thanks, I been wanting one since my stickburner days. It does make more sense on the kamado given its quality. The stickburner was a cheapie and the grate would have definitely outlived it. :-D

4 hours ago, T Yelta said:

That is shock and awe. Congrats, you win :)

2 hours ago, shuley said:

That is so awesome. 

Thanks, I really appreciate. it's sort of a self-Father's Day present. I had hoped it would have arrived by the 4th.

2 hours ago, KismetKamado said:

Hmmm..... that's definitely not the package I sent.  Might tell your neighbors to turn and run (preferably gently and not too stompy)  if they see any stray packages on their porches.... ;)

Very, very cool!  I really like the slant to the grate "bars" - gives a nice movement to the piece.

Between the new Big Joe and that grate, you've got to be the happiest person in whatever part of the world it is that you are actually in.  

LOL. I fought for that. First because no other grate that I've seen have them and they were 'Central' to my logo design (pardon the pun). I am very taken with it. The quality of the work is excellent; as was the service. A thanks to The Burn Shop!

28 minutes ago, CentralTexBBQ said:

LOL. I fought for that. First because no other grate that I've seen have them and they were 'Central' to my logo design (pardon the pun). I am very taken with it. The quality of the work is excellent; as was the service. A thanks to The Burn Shop!

I like your style, @CentralTexBBQ..... you done good.

I sure hope you don’t get  kicked out of your current state for being such a traitor.