ckreef

He knows what he wants.

A statement from one of the the Thailand Boys trapped in the cave. 

• "Pipat Pho, 15 (nickname: Nick) - wrote in his letter he wanted his parents to take him for barbecued food once rescued"

I'm a certified cave diver that has had a few scarey dives. This rescue will be the scariest adventure of their lives. I wish them the best. 

Pipat Pho (Nick), come to Reef's Bistro. You can have all the barbecued food you care to eat. 

55 minutes ago, shuley said:

This whole story has fascinated for me.  I'm hoping so hard for a happy ending. 

Yea me too - I've been following it from the beginning. 

20 hours ago, ckreef said:

A statement from one of the the Thailand Boys trapped in the cave. 

• "Pipat Pho, 15 (nickname: Nick) - wrote in his letter he wanted his parents to take him for barbecued food once rescued"

I'm a certified cave diver that has had a few scarey dives. This rescue will be the scariest adventure of their lives. I wish them the best. 

Pipat Pho (Nick), come to Reef's Bistro. You can have all the barbecued food you care to eat. 

I'll chip in on that for sure, I hope all ends well for everyone involved!!!

Scott

Thank God for the happy ending. I was praying and totally focused on this incident.  Although,  it sounds like a number of the boys could have some significant health issues from mold spores in their lungs. Damp caves are not a healthy place to spend a couple of weeks. Still praying for everyones continuing health and for the family of the rescue diver who perished trying to save those kids. Amazing story, and very heart wrenching. Not a Q Guru in the country, or any place else for that matter, that wouldn't happily load those kids plates up with Q.  

I fear they have a long road ahead both emotionally and physically to overcome the weeks long ordeal.  Very thankful they made it out alive, and humbled by the loss of one of those willing to give the ultimate sacrifice to bring them home to their families. 

I saw in the news today that the Australian Dr. who preformed med checks and  the triage to decide the order of removal for the boys, and who was reportedly the last to leave the cave; found out his father had passed away after he returned to the surface. Sometimes crappy stuff happens to really good people.