I've had a few issues with my red egg of joy.

First, the fire bowl cracked, so the local KJ disty (BBQ's Galore) replaced it with the new spiffy sectional one.

Then a small crack appeared in the dome - only visible at high-ish temps.  No probs, warranty claim filed and 6 - 8 weeks for replacement.

Then (while waiting for the dome) one of the castor locky tab thingo's broke.  Took a pic and emailed the disty.  OK no probs they said, added it to the warranty claim.

Then today (a few days after filing the wheel claim) I get a call.

Them: "Hi, how are you, guess what, we're going to replace your KJ with a new one"

Me: "Wut"

Them: "Did I stutter??  You're getting a new one"

Me: "OMFG if you were her in person, little shop man, I would hug you in an inappropriate manner"

Them: "Err, yeah this is weird, can we deliver next Saturday"

Me: "Hell yeah, baby!!!"

So the upshot of this is I'm getting a brand new (probably the old model) Kamado Joe.  Brilliant customer service.

7 hours ago, Oakroscoe said:

I've been pretty happy with the KJ customer service.  They definitely stand behind their products.  

I agree. I got the floor model and did not get the manual that comes with the grill, so I did not have a serial number to register. I called and got help registering without a serial number. I also had one claim that was handled quickly and efficiently.

On 7/21/2018 at 8:50 AM, John Setzler said:

For some reason, customer service in australia is horrible.  I don't know why.

Prob due to the monopoly of having only 1 chain selling them 

On ‎7‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 8:20 AM, John Setzler said:

For some reason, customer service in australia is horrible.  I don't know why.

12 hours ago, Johnnie5 said:

Prob due to the monopoly of having only 1 chain selling them 

The fact that charcoal cooking is only now starting to get some traction (outside of the Weber Kettle Fans) so the local distributer wouldnt move many units per year when compared to most of the gas grills they sell, so they wouldnt look at as a flagship product for thier network of retailers.

Its getting better but the people you speak to who say good things about the local KJ dealer are the exception rather than the rule

I waited 8 weeks for a new top vent to be replaced under warrenty and a friend of mine has been quoted 8-12 weeks for a replacment firebox

39 minutes ago, Polar Bear said:

The fact that charcoal cooking is only now starting to get some traction (outside of the Weber Kettle Fans) so the local distributer wouldnt move many units per year when compared to most of the gas grills they sell, so they wouldnt look at as a flagship product for thier network of retailers.

Its getting better but the people you speak to who say good things about the local KJ dealer are the exception rather than the rule

I waited 8 weeks for a new top vent to be replaced under warrenty and a friend of mine has been quoted 8-12 weeks for a replacment firebox

Yeah the wait times are long, but none of my issues were particularly time-critical, so I was OK with the delays.  And replacing the whole unit ranks pretty high on the "after sales service" scale.

Here in Perth, WA stands for "Wait Awhile"...

28 minutes ago, KamadoJosephine said:

Here in Perth, WA stands for "Wait Awhile"...

I've seen a few posts lately of entire grills being replaced when there are dome issues

Given the amount of time it usually takes to ship a dome from KJHQ to Aus and then the risk of it being bigger than the base, changing the whole grill seems like a safer option.

Not sure how good it is for KJ's business model as i imagine swapping whole grills out under warrenty must hurt thier bottom line

Either way, I'm glad it got fixed promptly

Also,

Here in Darwin, NT stands for "Not Today, Not Tomorrow, Not Tuesday, Not Thursday"