Mines are definitely closer. (by a long shot) But I don't see a fire extinguisher....... I do have a convenient fire extinguisher nearby. 

I'd take a nap next to that setup even without a fire extinguisher.. 

1 hour ago, SeaBrisket said:

Not to be nosy but what do you have in the plastic tubs?

My guess is old, sweaty dynamite, and unexploded WWII ordinance.  Or maybe fireworks left over from the 4th?

No soft rubbish in the lease about not storing high explosive within 25 feet from the house.  Lease was probably written up by some snooty lawyer of Northern Aggression in some corner office.

7 hours ago, KamadoJosephine said:

My guess is old, sweaty dynamite, and unexploded WWII ordinance.  Or maybe fireworks left over from the 4th?

No soft rubbish in the lease about not storing high explosive within 25 feet from the house.  Lease was probably written up by some snooty lawyer of Northern Aggression in some corner office.

I'm unhappy with my current used lump rotation system, and curious how others handle keeping theirs dry for reuse. 

I would possibly be a little concerned about melting the vinyl siding but it's hard to tell how far away your grill really sits. They would have you dead to rights if it did melt due to the restrictions in the lease and they could charge you many thousands to fix it. Some reflective metal sheeting of some sort might be a good idea.

Hope this helps.

The recommendations from fire services are there to keep you and your loved ones alive. It's not a question of the million times that grills are used this close to the house and nothing hapens: it's the one in a million that it does. You are asking questions of- I assume- other non professionals. We are all ignorant of the dangers. I'll shoot this off to my nephew- a firefighter- and see what he thinks.

All of my grills are 25 feet away from the house- as inconvenient as that is a times (rain, cold, etc.)