Sign in to follow this  
Marbque

Stickburning taking all the time but Beef Ribs are rewarding

Spent some time yesterday with just the wife and I making some beef ribs on out stickburner, first time in forever that we have not had to cook for an event, so it was nice to just be able to have some hot dogs for appetizer while waiting on these beef ribs. Hope everyone’s Sunday is enjoyable and relaxing enjoy

248BB07E-8274-47CF-A6B7-D303EF2921D8.jpeg

DBC8CB5D-2458-4619-B333-EFD74EB54758.jpeg

C3DCBB67-2661-4D34-B416-4053A2DADCF0.jpeg

3B255928-5CA8-4A8D-967E-AE06C31FACA1.jpeg

9569B994-7527-4BC8-AF35-A34F583D8044.jpeg

1 hour ago, philpom said:

Ribs look great, I love building a fire in the offset and spending a day with it!  Today though it was pork shoulder carnitas on the Primo.

You can always run them both :)

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Tarnation
      I did a run of 3 racks of baby back ribs for my sister's birthday tonight.  These turned out fantastic.  I smoked them @ 225 -240 for 5hrs over B&B Oak lump and Best of the West 100% Mesquite lump and cherry wood chunks.  Rack 1, see the toothpicks, was rubbed with Bad Byron's Butt rub and Weber Spicy Cocoa rub.  Rack 2 was again rubbed with Bad Byron's and Fire & Smoke Society Pork Perfect. Rack 3 was different, it was rubbed with Fresh Jax Ghost Pepper Sea Salt, Frank's Red Hot Buffalo Ranch, and Fire & Smoke Society Wicked Wynona.  Far and away rack 3 was the favorite.  Those are gone, the other 2 also turned out awesome, I really can't pick a winner between those 2.  I finished them with a 50/50 Duke's Hickory Moonshine sauce and Cranberry Grape juice.  I definitely recommend using some juice to cut your sauce when basting.  I might do a cut shot later everyone was hungry and tired of waiting for me to finish cutting.  Smoke ring was on point.  

• By VeLoRoK
      Forgive me if this has been asked before; I tried to search this, but couldn't come up with anything. Anywho, gonna smoke some ribs tomorrow. Got one rack of baby backs, and two racks of spares to smoke tomorrow. I'd like them to finish around the same time. Is there a general thought regarding difference in cooking time? Thanks!
    • By JohnnyAppetizer
      Traegering..

• By LJS
      Hello Kamado Peeps,
      Has ana awesome weekend.
      My friend did a low and slow leg of lamb on the Webber kettle and left it in sauce with the aim of enhancing the gravy. It sure did and pulled apart beautifully on the rolls, he also did not use any wood just natural spices.    
      So I had to do a cook myself. Went to this new meat shop (meat emporium Sydney) and the selection and quality is really good. I walked out over budget and decided to do some pork ribs a monster pcs.
      Spice: Pepper, salt, garlic, mustard, onion, paprika, sugar and cayenne pepper  
      Wood: Cheery and 1pcs pecan
      3 2 1 method – full proof as always, some 5-6 hours later yummy
      Keep smoking ….

• By Kamado_Rich
      Hey all.  So I just got my Kamado Joe Big Joe III and this Saturday I’m going to try my first smoking experience and follow this St Louis guide video from @John Setzler.  My question is pretty simple.  Will the cook times shift significantly if I only do 1 rack of ribs.  I understand the times won’t be exact with every rack, but in general, I was looking for thoughts and guidance.

Thanks in advance.