Sign in to follow this  
Dub

Breakfuss.....mission critical !!!

Manning the stove this morning.......making another breakfast meal on my last day off work......This is one that's inspired by a cafe in my hometown.

Haven't been there in decades......but fond memories growing up of hitting them up for their tenderloin & gravy biscuits.  Everything is coming together well.

Shooting for 9:30am breakfast time (requested time by T-Rex).

Quick sear on both sides of tenderloin slices in some olive oil.    Removed.....gravy started.....low simmer and the slices placed back in there to tenderize as they cook until serving time.

Should've whisked the gravy more before.....won't be great looking but the flavor should be there.  Course ground pepper (....love the stuff....especially after finding a peppercorn mix that has tremendous flavor....I'm finding myself refilling my grinder every couple days),  AP rub and tarragon.   That final ingredient is what really sets this gravy apart from any other I've had  (which isn't many as I almost never eat gravy on anything....typically don't care for it.....my theory is has always been that if you have to smoother something in gravy then you messed up on whatever you cooked.... :) )

ENbqlWY.jpg

NoNHG2n.jpg

Ok... So all of these breakfasts look amazing.  They are definitely something I would love to eat each morning.  Because i typically do not have time to cook, we have cereal, bagels, and things typical like that.... And I find them very hard to stomach in the morning.  I have now switched to a protein fruit smoothie each morning because I can handle that.   However, that food looks so delicious.  I need to do breakfast on the weekends. 

22 minutes ago, shuley said:

Ok... So all of these breakfasts look amazing.  They are definitely something I would love to eat each morning.  Because i typically do not have time to cook, we have cereal, bagels, and things typical like that.... And I find them very hard to stomach in the morning.  I have now switched to a protein fruit smoothie each morning because I can handle that.   However, that food looks so delicious.  I need to do breakfast on the weekends. 

Thanks.

These are simply good ole country cooking breakfasts.......that are done only on days off work.  My work schedule is an odd one and my "weekends" are often during the weekdays....like this week.

On days I work there is zero grilling or cooking of any kind.  Zip.  Zero.

Workdays often start with with strong coffee while catching up with morning news....and a protein shake or something fast....like you described.

On 8/23/2018 at 12:45 PM, TKOBBQ said:

Simple country cooking is simply delicious.  And yours always looks to fit the bill.

Thank you.

Used a new skillet on it's first cook for this afternoon's breakfast.   It worked out really, really  well.

Goo9WWT.jpg

@Scott Roberts I think you'll really like the cooking surface and how swiftly it cleans up.

The handle design works well for me.....holding it barehanded midway during the cook on some hot country sausage.

QOkcwWE.jpg

Eggs slid around with ease....zero sticking.

bV2WyRJ.jpg

Simply wiped out after the cook.   I did hit it afterwards with some more oil and let it rest in the pre-heated oven.  I'll keep running it this way for a several cooks and see how it develops.

C9XneRh.jpg

Almost fit to eat......

GWLCjwH.jpg

Ready !!!

lizjQqZ.jpg

Breakfast this morning.....had a couple apples left in the fruit bowl....figured I'd put 'em to use on making a Dutch Baby and some jazzed up oatmeal.

BNTauoT.jpg

Almost didn't use enough skillet. :rofl:

VbPnffg.jpg

vSYMict.jpg

U0RwlfI.jpg

Xg4QB1F.jpg

Sunday morning's breakfast.....my biscuit game is weak....but getting a little better after trying this easy method.

Three cups of strong java put the boot scoot in my boogie and I figured it was about time to roll out some biscuits.   Cool thing was that these didn't require any rolling at all.

Didn't have all the ingredients on hand that I wanted.....but, it turns out I had exactly what I needed to slap together a decent batch following this guy's recipe....even the King Arthur AP flour and etc.

Nothing to it....very little mess made.  I'll keep working with this one for a while see where it leads.

pjnUFyx.jpg

NPJqhfw.jpg

Tried out some of the sausage that a grilling guru recommended, Tennessee Pride Hot.   This is the second pack of it that I've cooked recently.   I was in the store getting "storm provisions" last week and saw it and my normal Jimmy Dean Hot was sold out.

It was on par with my normal and 10X better than the Jamestown garbage  stuff I've tried in the past (nothing but a tube of fat).

My new skillet is getting better with every such cook......

DZqNIUz.jpg

I think I'll be keeping a low-walled non-stick skillet for eggs, though.....unless I run across a cast iron skillet that has low rounded sides...

V1VFDkE.jpg

I could've let 'em ride in the oven a coupe minutes more....but was getting impatient. :rofl:

3GfTRTC.jpg

CvXEJnO.jpg

Bottom side not too overdone...

hbQUucT.jpg

S-E-C biscuits ready to go for me.

6Y9QC7O.jpg

Wife kept had her eggs & sausage on the side and sliced her biscuit open and put butter & honey on it.   She was mighty pleased with this biscuit attempt.

She commented on how little mess was made, too.   Always a good thing. image.gif.c8b14346917db8294cd3fcfbce6582ec.gif

The other morning I had a very rare treat for breakfast.

On a few occasions there will be leftover steak to reheat with some eggs for breakfast..........but this was a much more infrequent occurrence.............leftover onion-jalapeno hush puppies,  shrimp & oysters. :rofl:

mSNtNAm.jpg

Broke out the little Weber last night for some T-bonz.

Truth be told I wasn't so much interested in them due to wanting to get back to the football watching.....grateful for a fast cook.

By morning time today, though, my interests have settled in on those T-bonz that were leftover.  Rare occurrence.....no pun intended.   

I cut off the strip side of the leftover T-bone and heated it up along with some vegetables & cheesy eggs.

Made a batch of biscuits that my Grandma used to call "silver dollar biscuits". 

Tasty breakfast was had....gotta love steak & eggs.

OjC439f.jpg

hMymV0V.jpg

r53IISQ.jpg

mAa9Ma2.jpg

M2uVpxJ.jpg

hgtoNKl.jpg

s1B9OqM.jpg

umYkx9h.jpg

q305ve1.jpg

Interested parties are hoping this old guy will be clumsy and drop something.......even after having the biscuit that I made for them... :rofl:

Nh4L1nh.jpg

On 9/21/2018 at 4:33 PM, BOOMSTICK069 said:

Nice job Boss! I like looking at some good breakfast cooks.

Thanks, man.

Favorite meal of the day on those day's off we get.

Good strong coffee & chilling with the dogs and then get stuff ready before the house wakes up.

22 hours ago, KismetKamado said:

Mighty fine looking breakfast, Dub!  Bet those two pups get lucky every once in a blue moon....enough to keep them at the ready.

Thanks.

Let's just say they are mighty fond of when I'm here and firing up a grill or breaking out a skillet.  They know they get their pirate's share of the loot.

They each had some steak this morning.   I held off on letting them have the T-bone bones.

So......this morning I wiped out the last of the T-bonz.

I used the strip side for an omelet for my wife.......and kept the tenderloin side for myself with some cheesy scrambled eggs.  Gotta love a steak that you can slice with your fork.

She said the sweet red pepper came through hugely in terms of flavor.

c2QYt2l.jpg

k66cMKQ.jpg

oWkti9D.jpg

nNDUJZ7.jpg