Benm3

Uuni (Ooni) Pro Gas Burner

I received my gas burner yesterday.  It looks nice.  Have not had a chance to fire it or cook with it.  Plan to do some pizzas this weekend.  This gives me the ultimate convenience as well as temperature control that you just can't get with pellets of charcoal/wood.  I'm pumped to try it out.

Damn....I'm still waiting for my shipping notice!!   I'm sure they're not rushing the Canadian orders.

Here's my last pizza (charcoal and wood) done at around 800 degrees.  I love this thing!  Used the dough recipe from the UUNI  (now OONI) site....simple margherita.

IMG_20180715_155758.thumb.jpg.e9fe1172eb2975d019a28790c67cf48c.jpg

Finally had a chance to use the gas burner last night.  I'm still getting used to it.  It's almost too efficient and makes the oven too hot at full blast.  I will be experimenting on turning it down a bit or adjusting the flame once the pizza goes in.  I will see stone temps close to 900+ which was way too hot and created a bit too much charring, but the ease of heat is incredible.  This is the way to use this oven, much less finicky, just turn it on and it heats without having to worry about adding more fuel in and then dealing with temp fluctuations from the amount of fuel added.  

Great to hear.  I hear rumour Canadian orders will start shipping soon.  While I have no issues playing the charcoal/wood for some things, for a 90 second pizza or two, the fire and forget gas option is nice.  Also, hoping to do "pizza day" here at the office and really don't want to both tend the fire and be chief cook.  Love to see some cooks!

HAPPY EDIT!!   And just moments ago...received my shipping notice for the gas burner!!  WooHoo!