mike echo

Tire pressure Gauge

So for years I had a digital gauge that finally, even with a new battery, gave it up.

Had a Slime digital that didn't make it 4 years.

Still have a pencil style that is accurate and probably 20+ years old.

Thought I'd do some Prime shopping for a digital upgrade to the pencil gauge. Yikes. So many choices and so many awful reviews. I don't read the 4 star or 5 star as I fear the writer who is paid to write a great review/ the people that write after one use to find later their product has flaws.

Saw some good ones, but really, $50-$65 for a tire pressure gauge for a homeowner not a high performance vehicle driver.

Anyone have a newer digital that's not too expensive,  reliable, and hopefully still available?

M.

4 hours ago, mike echo said:

Still have a pencil style that is accurate and probably 20+ years old.

Anyone have a newer digital that's not too expensive,  reliable, and hopefully still available?

Why, when you have a fully functional gauge that is also completely paid off?

:good:

My FIL got me a Draeger tire pressure gauge something over 30 years ago. Still works beautifully. Sometimes, $50 is cheap if you only buy once. 

Frank

I use https://smile.amazon.com/Craftsman-Programmable-display-batteries-included/dp/B00443ZNOM/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1533928716&sr=8-2&keywords=craftsman+tire+pressure+guage&dpID=41UN5SNAovL&preST=_SY300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch.

It is programmable, but what I really like is the pressure release.  Over fill by a pound or 2, just pull the trigger for a second and wait for the beep.  Perfectly filled tires every time.