Sign in to follow this  
Bigdizzle

Hinge / Band / Lid adjustment

Wondering if anyone has a decent resource, I dont think my lid is sitting right enough - the front is okay but the back is a bit more loose between the felt than I would like it. Wondering if anyone has a decent resource or youtube video maybe as the best practice for getting it to sit flat, best way to adjust the bands or whatever. 

Thanks in advance. 

1 hour ago, Bigdizzle said:

Wondering if anyone has a decent resource, I dont think my lid is sitting right enough - the front is okay but the back is a bit more loose between the felt than I would like it. Wondering if anyone has a decent resource or youtube video maybe as the best practice for getting it to sit flat, best way to adjust the bands or whatever. 

Thanks in advance. 

What kind of kamado do you have? A sort of important question.

I would start off by verifying everything is snug and nothing is loose.

Starting with the nuts on the lift mechanism (which you can access with the lid open. These nuts tend to come loose and need loctite to be added.

2nd is the ring bands being tight and not loose these still confuse me a bit on whats too loose and whats to tight.. so i just snug them up once in a while    ANYTHING loose in that area can cause the lid to misalign.

Also note that if you have the rear hinge nuts TOO tight... will also cause the lid to close crooked.