Sign in to follow this  
Big Cat 305

Asian BBQ Chicken, Brussel Sprouts and Jasmin Rice

Decided to step out of the box tonight. Went to dinner a few weeks back and had some amazing Roasted Brussel Sprouts. So I tried to duplicate them and ended up cooking the following...

Grilled Chicken Thighs and Wings: (Marinade: Brown sugar, Lime Juice, Orange Juice, Thai Sweet Chili sauce, Siracha, Garlic) Marinade for about an hour in a zip lock bag, cooked as usual at 400*, 30 minutes for the wings and 40-45 minutes for the thighs. Basted with some extra marinade about 5-10 minutes before done.

Roasted Brussel Sprouts: Cut off the ends, sliced in half, coated with vegetable oil and salt, cooked for 20 minutes in the oven at 400*. Was planning on cooking longer but they were small so after 20 minutes they were done. Then dipped them in a frying pan full of the good stuff (Soy sauce, Maple Syrup, Lemon Juice, Garlic, Siracha). 

Jasmin Rice: It's Jasmin rice, what else is there to say. If you haven't had it before I would highly suggest you try it. The aroma is awesome!!!  But only wash it once, maybe twice. Don't rinse it so much that it takes the Jasmin smell away (like my Fiance did tonight). Hope she's not reading this...  I cook it in my rice cooker so no big secret here.

All in all the meal came out great!!! Enjoy the pics!!!

AB1.thumb.jpg.85a89f6e7ba574ce36d802b472b93774.jpgAB2.thumb.jpg.eb89fc92a343012730ef29ebd2199d12.jpgAB3.thumb.jpg.38d5a0f2e881ff2f2772dd68cd31ad2e.jpgAB4.thumb.jpg.654cbe0219860cd0326fd3810c1406ee.jpgAB5.thumb.jpg.04cf8c8d027add2c143ac6b64d9fff8f.jpg