Flame Boss 400 WiFi Anyone?

https://www.flameboss.com/blog/The-New-Flame-Boss-400-Product-Features-and-Differences-Between-Previous-Models

Seems like a very natural step, integrating blower and controller in one unit. At the very end of the post, they hint something more advanced - more expensive - will be coming hot on the heels of the 400 release which is end of August 2018. In fact all three of their new products will be this year. I’m guess the next will be a similar design but with integrated LCD and buttons a la iKamand. As for the third and final product, I wouldn’t be surprised if it was a full Kamado with integrated controller. Just my guess. I do like that they are conscious of the price this go round, WiFi and everything basic you need in 2018 and only $219!

I actually just purchased the 300 at Home Depot and didn’t have a chance to use it yet, so I’m going to return it and hold onto the cash until I see what’s after the 400.

Anyone else?

I have had to replace my blower on my 300. They warrantied it, but I went ahead and ordered a replacement fan as well for 10 bucks and redid the connections myself. I wonder how difficult it would be to replace the fan on this one since everything is integrated.

6 hours ago, adam319 said:

I have had to replace my blower on my 300. They warrantied it, but I went ahead and ordered a replacement fan as well for 10 bucks and redid the connections myself. I wonder how difficult it would be to replace the fan on this one since everything is integrated.

That is a very good point.

I have 2 FB 100s.  Yup 2. Price was good on the first, liked it real well, so I bought a second, anticipating FB discontinuing.  Have had the original FB 100 over a year and like it a lot. Very simple, not much can go wrong and doesn't.

-also have the Smoke. No gateway needed. -between the FB and Smoke, no worries, just good performance.

M.

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/14/2018 at 3:30 AM, mike echo said:

Have had the original FB 100 over a year and like it a lot. Very simple, not much can go wrong and doesn't.

I envy the technology advances, buut in my grilling world so far, so good-no technology problems except hardware. Warranty replacement of a faulty probe.

Wish I could apply my methodology to a smart cell phone and keep it for many, many years. $$$$$ to replace when overwhelmed by new software.

M.

8 hours ago, mike echo said:

I envy the technology advances, buut in my grilling world so far, so good-no technology problems except hardware. Warranty replacement of a faulty probe.

Wish I could apply my methodology to a smart cell phone and keep it for many, many years. $$$$$ to replace when overwhelmed by new software.

M.

Smart phone prices are nuts now.  I'm on Verizon so basically every phone is $800+ unless I get a Moto phone.  I'm on a turbo 2 right now that's on it's last legs and don't want another one from Moto.     Probably pick up a last year model and save some $$$. 

8 hours ago, mca90guitar said:

Smart phone prices are nuts now.  I'm on Verizon so basically every phone is $800+ unless I get a Moto phone.  I'm on a turbo 2 right now that's on it's last legs and don't want another one from Moto.     Probably pick up a last year model and save some $$$. 

I know you don't want a Moto, but the Moto x4 on Fi is pretty cheap, $250.  Not top of the line but pretty good, and it is pretty much running straight Android, no Motorola baloney installed since it is a "Google One" phone.  If you use a lot of data though Fi isn't for you.  I am mostly on WiFi and my monthly bill is usually around $27. fi.google.com. Oh if anyone does switch to Fi, use code M6AC49.  We both will get $20 off of our bill.

I have the FB 300 also.  I am going to stick with it.  The FB 400 only eliminates 1 wire which is to the fan. You will still have 2 wires going into the grill and one for the power cord,  It also only supports 1 meat thermometer. The FB 300 works perfect for me. 

• 1 month later...