John Setzler

Kamado Guru Moving to Facebook - January 1, 2019

I tried the link. Sadly, I will not proceed past this message. It sounds like I'm not a small minority. I hope you find a new audience on the other side of this message. I'll save a formal goodbye for December.

Frank

To join Kamado Guru on Facebook, log in or create an account.

Jan 1 2019 will be a sad day indeed.  Thanks to John, all the mods, and all the great members for all the great years. Not a user of Facebook. I have an account, but have never used it. Who knows, maybe I will jump into the 21st century. Well, KG is a great site and I am so glad I found it when I did.

3 hours ago, bosco said:

Wow!!

but I understand. Forums are slowly disappearing and they cost way too much to run these days.  

See you all on FB 

It’s hard when you are a web designer and even harder when you just average guy trying to get a forum off the ground.

The biggest disadvantage of social media is the poor organization, short attention span for content and poor search functions for older content.  Social media’s can build an audience much quicker than a forum.  That’s part of the appeal.  

Try searching for a specific posts or recipie on FB, it’s hard.  

People also expect too much for free.  Social media plays a big factor there.  They forget that a forum is a business and has to make profit from it’s advertisers.  It much harder to get companies to pay for advertising on a forum than it was 5-6 years ago.