John Setzler

Kamado Guru Moving to Facebook - January 1, 2019

6 hours ago, John Setzler said:

On January 1, 2019, the Kamado Guru forum will be moving exclusively from here to Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/kguru/

Thanks for your support!

John Setzler

As others have stated, I will miss this forum. I do not and will not use Facebook. I hope that the content on this forum will still be available, even if it is not updated, so that the excellent information here can still be accessed.

I hope that you will continue to post on your YouTube channels.

3 hours ago, Charcoal Addict said:

If people are interested, I have a Xenforo License and I may consider building a replacement for Kamado Guru if enough people are interested.   

I would be interested.

well that's too bad indeed.

I visit the site daily, so it will be missed for sure. 

If the assumption is correct about this being for financial reasons (unless I missed a note somewhere confirming this), I understand the move to a free platform that has the capability to reach a large audience. Shame though that the chosen platform is not targeted to the demographic that uses Kamados for the most part.

6 minutes ago, jrakutt said:

well that's too bad indeed.

I visit the site daily, so it will be missed for sure. 

If the assumption is correct about this being for financial reasons (unless I missed a note somewhere confirming this), I understand the move to a free platform that has the capability to reach a large audience. Shame though that the chosen platform is not targeted to the demographic that uses Kamados for the most part.

If I decide to launch a new Kamado users forum in the New Year to take over from

KG, I’ll talk with John about retaining the content from Kamado Guru.  

There’s an importer app that does a decent job of importing data from IPS to Xenforo’s forum software.   Photos are a critical part of a forum.  Xenforo 2.0’s image handing is vastly superior to IP Board 4.  

9 hours ago, John Setzler said:

On January 1, 2019, the Kamado Guru forum will be moving exclusively from here to Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/kguru/

Thanks for your support!

John Setzler

6 hours ago, Charcoal Addict said:

If people are interested, I have a Xenforo License and I may consider building a replacement for Kamado Guru if enough people are interested.   

Okay, so what is the cost associated with preserving and maintaining our (forum) community here or transferring it to @Charcoal Addict? Sadly I will not be joining FB, but I wish everyone the best. Is there some premium membership drive we need to go through to keep it afloat? If so,  count me in for some sort of monetary donation! I don't believe I'd be the only one to come forward to keep this alive, maybe not though. If it must end, I will wait until Dec. to eulogize this great thing that people have built here. Thanks to everyone here that have helped me along my short journey.