Jump to content

John Setzler

Kamado Guru Moving to Facebook - January 1, 2019

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, John Setzler said:

On January 1, 2019, the Kamado Guru forum will be moving exclusively from here to Facebook:

 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/kguru/

 

Thanks for your support!

 

John Setzler

 

As others have stated, I will miss this forum. I do not and will not use Facebook. I hope that the content on this forum will still be available, even if it is not updated, so that the excellent information here can still be accessed.

 

I hope that you will continue to post on your YouTube channels.

 

 

3 hours ago, Charcoal Addict said:

If people are interested, I have a Xenforo License and I may consider building a replacement for Kamado Guru if enough people are interested.   

 

I would be interested.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

well that's too bad indeed.

I visit the site daily, so it will be missed for sure. 

If the assumption is correct about this being for financial reasons (unless I missed a note somewhere confirming this), I understand the move to a free platform that has the capability to reach a large audience. Shame though that the chosen platform is not targeted to the demographic that uses Kamados for the most part.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, jrakutt said:

well that's too bad indeed.

I visit the site daily, so it will be missed for sure. 

If the assumption is correct about this being for financial reasons (unless I missed a note somewhere confirming this), I understand the move to a free platform that has the capability to reach a large audience. Shame though that the chosen platform is not targeted to the demographic that uses Kamados for the most part.

 

If I decide to launch a new Kamado users forum in the New Year to take over from

KG, I’ll talk with John about retaining the content from Kamado Guru.  

 

There’s an importer app that does a decent job of importing data from IPS to Xenforo’s forum software.   Photos are a critical part of a forum.  Xenforo 2.0’s image handing is vastly superior to IP Board 4.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

9 hours ago, John Setzler said:

On January 1, 2019, the Kamado Guru forum will be moving exclusively from here to Facebook:

 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/kguru/

 

Thanks for your support!

 

John Setzler

 

6 hours ago, Charcoal Addict said:

If people are interested, I have a Xenforo License and I may consider building a replacement for Kamado Guru if enough people are interested.   

Okay, so what is the cost associated with preserving and maintaining our (forum) community here or transferring it to @Charcoal Addict? Sadly I will not be joining FB, but I wish everyone the best. Is there some premium membership drive we need to go through to keep it afloat? If so,  count me in for some sort of monetary donation! I don't believe I'd be the only one to come forward to keep this alive, maybe not though. If it must end, I will wait until Dec. to eulogize this great thing that people have built here. Thanks to everyone here that have helped me along my short journey.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×