Menards $28.00 Rotisserie On a Pitt Boss K22

cardcon

• 1 month later...

It's just a Char-Broil Universal Rotisserie Kit, Probably and big box store you just have to figure out a place to mount the motor mount and fab the spit down to the smaller round diameter so it turns with the lid closed I lose a little smoke around the spit but not much. I have ran it about a half a dozen times with no ill effect on the gasket.

5 hours ago, dj714 said:

darn I think I would have a hard time fab the split.

I don't have a lathe to turn it down but I do have a bench grinder I'm thinking to mount the spit rod in a drill and grind whilst spinning the drill. 

I will let you know how it goes. 

1 hour ago, dj714 said:

this sounds like a good idea. please post pictures or video if possible.

It will be photos I'm not one for videos I don't have the equipment... 

My Rotisserie kit arrived in the post today to be honest I only paid £20 for it and it shows. The quality is terrible I will have to run a tap through all of the threads just to get the supplied screws through.  I will still do the mod and will add photos for your viewing pleasure. 

• 1 month later...

Unfortunately my idea for the drill and bench grinder was a epic fail the bar was made of the  worst grade steel I've ever encountered and it snapped. I have a friend who has a lathe and he was very helpful and made me a replacement pictured. It is currently raining cats and dogs here so can't show it in place. 

IMG_20181106_164951.jpg

IMG_20181106_164932.jpg

• 5 months later...

Sorry for the  resurrection of an old thread but I have finally fitted the rotisserie to my Pitt Boss 24. As I'm not using the side shelves I have been able to use one of the mounts for the rotisserie motor. As the post above a new bar was made for me by a friend with a lathe. Here is it all in place

P. S. The last photo is of the rotisserie on one of the other shelf brackets but I does show how well the seal copes with the 4mm bar through the gaskets. 

IMG_20190422_195254.jpg

IMG_20190422_195121.jpg

IMG_20190422_195244.jpg

IMG_20190422_193329.jpg

Nice It looks good. I have found with mine you are limited with the size of meat you can put on it because it sits lower to the coals . I have had some larger chickens that i have had to remove mid cook. But I do like experimenting with It , I also upgraded my motor to a OneGrill 13 watt motor.