cardcon

Menards $28.00 Rotisserie On a Pitt Boss K22

I seen a YouTube video of a guy that basically did this on a Green Egg. I figured I could do the same on my Pitt Boss I am going to give it the first run this afternoon.

IMG_2148.JPG

IMG_2152.JPG

IMG_2149.JPG

IMG_2153.JPG

IMG_2151.JPG

IMG_2154.JPG

IMG_2150.JPG

It's just a Char-Broil Universal Rotisserie Kit, Probably and big box store you just have to figure out a place to mount the motor mount and fab the spit down to the smaller round diameter so it turns with the lid closed I lose a little smoke around the spit but not much. I have ran it about a half a dozen times with no ill effect on the gasket.

5 hours ago, dj714 said:

darn I think I would have a hard time fab the split.

I don't have a lathe to turn it down but I do have a bench grinder I'm thinking to mount the spit rod in a drill and grind whilst spinning the drill. 

I will let you know how it goes. 

1 hour ago, dj714 said:

this sounds like a good idea. please post pictures or video if possible.

It will be photos I'm not one for videos I don't have the equipment... 

My Rotisserie kit arrived in the post today to be honest I only paid £20 for it and it shows. The quality is terrible I will have to run a tap through all of the threads just to get the supplied screws through.  I will still do the mod and will add photos for your viewing pleasure. 

Unfortunately my idea for the drill and bench grinder was a epic fail the bar was made of the  worst grade steel I've ever encountered and it snapped. I have a friend who has a lathe and he was very helpful and made me a replacement pictured. It is currently raining cats and dogs here so can't show it in place. 

IMG_20181106_164951.jpg

IMG_20181106_164932.jpg