With KG soon to be going off the air, I thought I would see what else was out there and came across one that I have perused on occasion and went ahead and joined.   I went to the introduction section and gave a brief history of my grilling experience and equipment.   I thought that was what introductions were about.   Had I known, I woulda said "Hi, I'm Greg and I cook".   I was immediately told that this was not a KJ sight and pretty much reprimanded for saying that was what I cooked on.   Guess I'll just keep looking because I'm not an elitist and don't cook on a $8000 kamado.

I’m sorry that was your experience - I sure hope it was just a misunderstanding. I know we all are going to be struggling to find a place to land.   Let’s be positive and see what we come up with. We are a resourceful group. Heck... we make miracles daily with nothing more than lump charcoal and ceramics!  Chin up, @BURGER MEISTER... we will find a way. :)

1 minute ago, 5698k said:

That’s not exactly the way it happened. 

Understand your stance, 5698k.  But please understand this as well.... Those that don’t have another Kamado cooking forum are looking to fill the void that is going to happen on Jan 1st. I, for one, am beyond devastated about this whole ordeal and am one of those people.  The KK forum has always been pro Kamado of any type as well and my personal discussion with Dennis was proof positive of that. I told him I didn’t post much on his forum because I didn’t have a KK (at the time).  He said I shouldn’t have ever worried about that. I’m not suggesting the safe haven of the Guru become the KK forum, but I’m not sure the post made there, or here, regarding this particular situation are relevant or necessary. 

1 hour ago, BURGER MEISTER said:

With KG soon to be going off the air, I thought I would see what else was out there and came across one that I have perused on occasion and went ahead and joined.   I went to the introduction section and gave a brief history of my grilling experience and equipment.   I thought that was what introductions were about.   Had I known, I woulda said "Hi, I'm Greg and I cook".   I was immediately told that this was not a KJ sight and pretty much reprimanded for saying that was what I cooked on.   Guess I'll just keep looking because I'm not an elitist and don't cook on a $8000 kamado.

1 hour ago, 5698k said:

That’s not exactly the way it happened. 

37 minutes ago, KismetKamado said:

Ok. I’ll just say, I would have taken it the same way and leave it at that. 

Ok. Given the folks involved, I knew exactly where the post took place.  I went over to the KK forum and found the post within minutes.  

The OP was welcomed by Denis the owner. 

Below is a screen shot of the KK forum “a truly open ceramic pro ceramic forum”. 

greg, don’t let one forum member get in your way, especially if the owner welcomes you. I would wrote this there, but I don’t have an account on that site. 

714C7006-D298-422D-B9C5-5CAF59E3BC86.png

235E3DF8-5443-4AAD-9FBF-36F404746F77.png