Kamado Guru will stay ONLINE

22 hours ago, Charcoal Addict said:

I’ll make a donation at the end of the month.  I have find out what how much my dentist wil be billing me for a tooth repair will cost to see what I can budget for a donation.  

Well for Mauds sake, dont wait until 2.30 to do it CA!!!

(tooth hurty) get it?     :rofl:

John What would it cost a year for each member to cover the cost of staying on line.  A contribution is a bit vague. There is no way that you should be coming out of pocket to cover cost and do all that you do in addition. As the costs keep on coming, a one time fee will not do the job. Perhaps an annual membership fee?  I for one greatly appreciate this site and all you do to keep it stress free and non confrontational. I also respect the guidelines that you set with the exception of accurate information  about real world performance issues that fall short of ideal. I  do get it that some do not keep an even head and go way too far and do not know to stop. Your perspective and knowledge are what to help make this site. Wait can not forget all the solid members who in  combination and in harmony with your efforts make this site what it is.

On 8/20/2018 at 4:32 PM, John Setzler said:

Thanks to all of you for the feedback.  I have decided to keep Kamadoguru.com online.   I will continue to pay the costs of running it as I have been doing.  I have added a "Support KAMADOGURU.COM!" banner prominently on the site.  If you would like to contribute to the costs of running this site, please feel free to click on that link. 

Providing support to Kamado Guru is completely optional.  You get no added benefit other than knowing you are one of the great folks who help keep the site online.

Thanks!

John Setzler

Kamado Guru Administrator

I could offer the equivalent of a perpetual recurring donation by offering some insights in regards to reducing your operating costs. If you're interested, PM me and we'll discuss it. You could also add a monthly donation bar where users can see the percentage of progress towards the monthly operating costs. I know phpBB has a plugin for this, not sure on Invision.

22 minutes ago, BURGER MEISTER said:

Isn't beer part of the operating costs?d827fe112256adc7cb4eee6e884754e0.gif.0dc5a95f1b2c488cbd2c0514b6067491.gif

Guys, Guys, Guys! 

Forums run on Rum, Gin, Whiskey, Tequila and Rye.   Beer’s too weak for your average day dealing with “the giant bag of crazy” you can encounter when running a forum.  

Beer’s for people who run blogs.  

Made a donation. This site has, literally, changed the way my family cooks. Been looking over the pinned Boston Butt post, started my first one at 5 am this morning (so far so good, ran a little hot at first at 275). I come here for the how-to, the inspiration, and everyone's willingness to share what they've learned, and of course what they've cooked!

Thanks!

I haven't been following this site very closely over the last few months due to my life turning topsy-turvy after I was (entirely unexpectedly) laid off. It wasn't until sometime last week I discovered this whole scenario about the site dying or not dying. This is by far one of most important sites I've ever discovered online, and is the only forum I have ever considered to be important enough to contribute money to. I would truly hate to see it fold. I'm currently deep in the process of relocating for my new job, but as soon as I'm back on my feet and get some stability back in my life, I will be contributing again. Long live Kamado Guru! 

That’s great news, the move wouldn’t have turned me off but the wealth of knowledge lost would have been disappointing. That said, ever think of monetizing Kamado Guru branded stuff to support the site? Stuff like a cook book, spices/sauces, or sponsorship deals with others? @John Setzler