Don't have one yet but have put my hands on a few different makes and am considering purchasing one to replace my gasser. @John Setzler, the GMGs look and feel great. The steel feels thicker than that of Traeger. Both have tons of nice features and are comparably priced. Also have considered an end of season WalMart Pitboss to get my feet wet. But much to my wife's dismay, I'll probably hold on to the gasser. You know just in case. She'll say something like "whatever makes you happy" and smile, the way she always does.

18 minutes ago, St1brew said:

Don't have one yet but have put my hands on a few different makes and am considering purchasing one to replace my gasser. @John Setzler, the GMGs look and feel great. The steel feels thicker than that of Traeger. Both have tons of nice features and are comparably priced. Also have considered an end of season WalMart Pitboss to get my feet wet. But much to my wife's dismay, I'll probably hold on to the gasser. You know just in case. She'll say something like "whatever makes you happy" and smile, the way she always does.

I am fortunate in the fact that my wife never complains about anything I buy for grilling.  It keeps her from having to cook :)

44 minutes ago, John Setzler said:

I am fortunate in the fact that my wife never complains about anything I buy for grilling.  It keeps her from having to cook :)

My wife is very cool with my cooking and has bought me tons of stuff for grilling. She picked up my kamado in fact. I think her concern is more in way of space or the lack thereof. She is certainly supportive of not having to cook. ;-)

2 hours ago, St1brew said:

Have you looked at the new timberline series?  They are pretty robust and very well built 

3 minutes ago, bosco said:

Have you looked at the new timberline series?  They are pretty robust and very well built 

Have not put my hands on a Timberline out in the wild yet. Have heard good things about them. Would certainly consider one. Everyone that I know who has a Traeger really enjoys it and highly recommends them. 

19 minutes ago, St1brew said:

Have not put my hands on a Timberline out in the wild yet. Have heard good things about them. Would certainly consider one. Everyone that I know who has a Traeger really enjoys it and highly recommends them. 

I started with the pro 34 and then upgraded to the timberline 1300.  I loved it and recently acquired the 850.  Great pellet grills that can handle about anything that I throw at them.  

11 hours ago, bosco said:

I started with the pro 34 and then upgraded to the timberline 1300.  I loved it and recently acquired the 850.  Great pellet grills that can handle about anything that I throw at them.  

Ryan is the 850 anple for 3 racks ribs, or a whole brisket or a couple of butts?

Haven't seen one in person

I don't have one......but it's just a matter of time before I break down and buy a RecTec.

https://www.rectecgrills.com

I work with several guys that have them.....a couple also have a RecTec + other brands of pellet grills.  Hands down they prefer their RecTecs.  Two of them have used their customer service and said the response was outstanding.....fast and fully resolved their issues.  One was a general use/cleaning question......the other one had an assembly question.  I forget which holiday weekend it was for one of the  guys...but they emailed him and then called hime back right away....on a holiday weekend.  

I've been to their shop and really like the looks of them.  Nice heavy grates.

Their Greek rub is stellar, too.  I never let my jar get empty before buying another.