Jump to content

Recommended Posts

My wife is browsing the Timberline's once in awhile. I am surprised but if it gets her out there more I am all for it!

 

What is the real world cutoff for "needing" the 1300? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, gotzero said:

My wife is browsing the Timberline's once in awhile. I am surprised but if it gets her out there more I am all for it!

 

What is the real world cutoff for "needing" the 1300? 

 

I don’t quite understand the real world cut off but if you are thinking of a reason to get it.... 

 

i have both and the 850 is all that I need most days.  With that said if I were to own just one it would be the 1300. For the price difference it’s a great upgrade.  I believe it’s 300.00 difference to go from 850 square inches to 1300.  

 

The 850 will heat a bit faster but other than that not any real difference in cooking.  Pellet consumption difference is minimal.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bosco said:

 

I don’t quite understand the real world cut off but if you are thinking of a reason to get it.... 

 

i have both and the 850 is all that I need most days.  With that said if I were to own just one it would be the 1300. For the price difference it’s a great upgrade.  I believe it’s 300.00 difference to go from 850 square inches to 1300.  

 

The 850 will heat a bit faster but other than that not any real difference in cooking.  Pellet consumption difference is minimal.  

 

I am often not even clear to myself, but that was what I was after. The percentage cost jump to get the 1300 is quite small. Thanks! 

 

I might have to expand our patio sooner than I thought!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, gotzero said:

 

I am often not even clear to myself, but that was what I was after. The percentage cost jump to get the 1300 is quite small. Thanks! 

 

I might have to expand our patio sooner than I thought!

 

The 850 and 1300 are the exact same units with the exception of the 1300 being exactly 1’ longer in the cooking chamber.   Other than that they are twins 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/24/2018 at 7:21 AM, Chasdev said:

 

 

My CampChef DLX24 goes to 500 degrees but I prefer my Webber Smokey Joe for grilling.

Ok cool.   I have a Masterchef but the one thing I really dislike is having to clean it so much.   I'm more of a crank it up and burn it off guy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/25/2018 at 11:43 AM, bosco said:

 

The 850 and 1300 are the exact same units with the exception of the 1300 being exactly 1’ longer in the cooking chamber.   Other than that they are twins 

 

I'm so glad you talked me in to the 1300, that 12" of space makes a huge difference for my style of cooking.

 

Wouldn't mind having 2 of them lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All right I'm calling all you pellet grill owners to the carpet............ 

 

This month's challenge is Don't Be Chicken, Any Grill Will Do! Yup pellet grills are fair game in this challenge. Put your cook where your mouth is and let's see what chicken cook you can produce in a pellet grill. 

 

Discussion thread located here. Entry thread will be up tomorrow morning. 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've had a Green Mountain Jim Bowie for 8 years now and cook almost entirely on it all winter, since it sits on my covered porch.

 

If I were buying today, I'd look long and hard at the Louisiana grill Costco is now selling.  About the same main chamber capacity as my GMG plus a large vertical smoking only chamber.  Tremendous amount of grill from an established mfg. for $799.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×