Jump to content

bicho6

Thoughts on the upcoming "DoJoe"

Recommended Posts

What are you thoughts on their new upcoming product?  I have been trying to perfect the pizza cooking process on the KJ for some time now but something I always encounter is the top of the joe never gets as hot as I want it.  When I add the deflectors and keeps my joe from hitting the 600-700 degrees i' m looking for.  I like the idea of this product but I would like it more if it lowered the ceiling of the joe. 

 

 

38870460_865358590327397_8878092245765455872_n.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No sure what I'm looking at.

 

 

 

I'll check their website and  and get back to you......but, I can most likely say I'll pass.  The BigJoe works out well on any pizza that I've cooked....easy to run.  I put their elevated rack on top of the high position of the normal grates.....then the stones on top of extended rack.

 

Gets it close enough to the dome to get nice radiant heat on the toppings.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, bicho6 said:

yea.. i have the classic which doesn't give me much room to get to the top of the dome. 

 

here is a link to their post.  Scroll through to the last pic to get a better view

 

 

 

 

My classic rocks at making pies!!  I love it!!

 

IMG_0586.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gosh... I've tried so many ways... That is an older cracked pizza stone that I added.... Not sure if it was really necessary but the results were good.

 

Here's another setup I've tried using old cans which had some great results....

 

 

stone1.jpg

stone2.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Stinga said:

Gosh... I've tried so many ways... That is an older cracked pizza stone that I added.... Not sure if it was really necessary but the results were good.

 

Here's another setup I've tried using old cans which had some great results....

 

 

stone1.jpg

stone2.jpg

 

Looks like there are a number of ways to raise the pizza stone above the deflectors. This is probably the most original that I have seen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Stinga said:

Gosh... I've tried so many ways... That is an older cracked pizza stone that I added.... Not sure if it was really necessary but the results were good.

 

Here's another setup I've tried using old cans which had some great results....

 

 

stone1.jpg

stone2.jpg

 

If they were painted green, BGE would sell them as $100 “pizza stone lEGGs”

 

i crack myself up

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, bicho6 said:

What are you thoughts on their new upcoming product?  I have been trying to perfect the pizza cooking process on the KJ for some time now but something I always encounter is the top of the joe never gets as hot as I want it.  When I add the deflectors and keeps my joe from hitting the 600-700 degrees i' m looking for.  I like the idea of this product but I would like it more if it lowered the ceiling of the joe. 

 

 

 

 

I tested the pre-production unit and it has some interesting design ideas.  The unit is designed with the idea of a set and forget setup that will get you in the 650-700 degree range without you having to do much.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, John Setzler said:

 

I tested the pre-production unit and it has some interesting design ideas.  The unit is designed with the idea of a set and forget setup that will get you in the 650-700 degree range without you having to do much.  

 

Do you have more pics so we can see it in action.  The post is kind of vague. 

 

 It’s hard to picture what the Doe-Joe is doing for pizza.  It sort of looks like an upscale version of the Kettle Pizza used on Weber Kettles. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Charcoal Addict said:

 

Do you have more pics so we can see it in action.  The post is kind of vague. 

 

 It’s hard to picture what the Doe-Joe is doing for pizza.  It sort of looks like an upscale version of the Kettle Pizza used on Weber Kettles. 

 

 

 

 

20120223_DJ01.jpg

 

20120223_DJ02.jpg

 

20120223_DJ03.jpg

 

I didn't take a lot of pictures during my testing.  This device holds heat deflectors below the pizza stone. It works really well when you use it as it is designed to be used.  The production model has had a few changes made to it that I have not tested first hand.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, John Setzler said:

 

 

20120223_DJ01.jpg

 

20120223_DJ02.jpg

 

20120223_DJ03.jpg

 

I didn't take a lot of pictures during my testing.  This device holds heat deflectors below the pizza stone. It works really well when you use it as it is designed to be used.  The production model has had a few changes made to it that I have not tested first hand.

 

 

The concept looks very similar to the Kettle Pizza.  The goal here is to turn the Joe into a wood fired pizza oven.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...