Sign in to follow this  
Number6

Back to the grill

After living for about a decade in an apartment we finally bought a home and now have space for a grill again. A Home Depot gas grill was inherited from the previous owners but I'm much more excited about the Kamado Joe Classic II we picked up at the Costco road show a few weeks ago. Thanks largely to the tips on this forum (and YouTube) so far we have enjoyed pizza, beer-can chicken, fish, ribs and pulled pork. Being from Texas originally I decided to follow Aaron Franklin's pulled pork video for my first 8+ hour slow smoke the past weekend and the Boston Butt came out very tender and juicy.

Thanks for the site, lots to learn and looking forward to many more cooks!

Daniel

20180804_195325.jpg

20180812_203035.jpg

20180825_201652.jpg

Glad you joined the forum and thanks for sharing the pictures of your cooks!  Happy to see that I'm not the only one that uses parchment paper to help with the "pizza slide".  

On 8/29/2018 at 4:35 PM, keeperovdeflame said:

Welcome, glad to have both you and your new Joe Classic with us. Enjoy your new grill and the forum conversation. PS. only problem with you new Joe is that it is tooooo clean. Happy cooking and enjoy turning the inside of your new Joe black. 

The pizza cook was either the first or one of the first cooks - as you can see it is no longer pristine ceramic. Also did my first lowish and slowish beef brisket today. A few missteps (meat probe thermometer calibration was off, salted the fat cap side a bit too much) but it was still tastier than anything I’ve had at local restaurants. 

Daniel

A8D58247-2EA1-4CEB-B8AC-331B72619122.jpeg

8625DB16-4106-44F7-888D-74E87A70E605.jpeg

6DADB9DB-311D-4CD4-BC92-4B498B849B94.jpeg