Ebay still has their 20% off coupon for labor day.  So potentially you could find a seller with free shipping and no tax.  I think I saw the Char griller Akorn w/ cart  for 299 so thats 250.  Or the one without the cart for 245 so it'd be 195.00  

Also Amazon is running a special on Kamado Joe for 697!  

Worst case you could see if any of the stores price match the online prices..

I have a Akorn and a Vision weight out your option before you pull the trigger. There both great Kamados i perfer my Vision because of its warranty and its ability to hold temps longer.

7 hours ago, mmar141 said:

Ebay still has their 20% off coupon for labor day.  So potentially you could find a seller with free shipping and no tax.  I think I saw the Char griller Akorn w/ cart  for 299 so thats 250.  Or the one without the cart for 245 so it'd be 195.00  

Also Amazon is running a special on Kamado Joe for 697!  

Worst case you could see if any of the stores price match the online prices..

I often am willing to spend the extra money to buy local in case there is a problem and want to return the item.  I can imagine trying to return the Akorn to some online seller is painful.

Check around at different Sam's location. I found the Vision for $349.00.

I have an Akorn that I have used and it has done well. I will tell you the Vision will hold the temperatures more stable than the Akorn. I will still used the Akorn to sear a steak or two and hamburgers and such! Until it falls a part!

I just got my akorn on clearance at Wal-Mart for $140. I had to look all over to find one in stock that wasn't still full price, normally $288. I can't wait to use it. Got it put together last night. Glad I looked around and found it cheap since I already have 3 other grills/smokers :lol:

3 hours ago, smokincat411 said:

I just got my akorn on clearance at Wal-Mart for $140. I had to look all over to find one in stock that wasn't still full price, normally $288. I can't wait to use it. Got it put together last night. Glad I looked around and found it cheap since I already have 3 other grills/smokers :lol:

That's a great deal keep an eye out on the Acorn Jr's to go on sale ...........................................last year I picked mine up at Waldo's for I wanna say $35.00!!!

3 hours ago, riverfish said:

That's a great deal keep an eye out on the Acorn Jr's to go on sale ...........................................last year I picked mine up at Waldo's for I wanna say $35.00!!!

I’ve heard other people get them for $35 as well! Don’t need it, but by God I wouldn’t think twice about it for that price!