Icepaq

Lump charcoal

I typically have three different brands

- Dragon's Breadth - big pieces typically found in the bag

- Sourced at Costco, way cheaper than bbq specialty store

- Maple Leaf - not bad as an everyday fuel source

- Natures Own Natural Maple Hardwood Lump Charcoal

- sourced at Costco

- i have tried the coconut stuff, its pretty good - but not sure if its worth the price

I wanna try Fogo and Wicked Good -  i heard good things about both

My Fogo orders usually come with a complimentary sticker.  This order came with complimentary fire starters. I emailed their customer service to inquire about them. They are not available on their site to order yet, but a slightly modified version of the samples will be released soon.  I currently use something very similiar to this, so I am quite excited about it. 

About 1/3 of my Labor Day haul loaded in the pickup coming home from work. Still have 8 black bags stashed out there.... and 10 boxes of Char Broil CenterCut to deliver any day now. 

F157D01A-7DCF-43B2-A934-90961419A866.thumb.jpeg.ed01169ec23b3c6cc29ee6ef81bcd253.jpeg

Staged to drag inside before Mr. KK gets home from work. 

AC14587C-3AD8-41E0-A8F7-C06AFFE232FE.thumb.jpeg.fd7f95e1e2a7f9b7246b7fb9d74f4d2d.jpeg

And a blurry defunct iPhone shot of part of my at home lump hoard. 

02ED3825-CFC4-43B1-A04B-AB799D3B35FA.thumb.jpeg.5581b497be8529f70f9d4c3e32a78f4b.jpeg

13 minutes ago, Chris Topher said:

10 boxes of CenterCut showed up at my door on Friday... on a pallet... 

Gonna fire up the kamado for a pizza cook with the CenterCut shortly...

I called Char Broil this weekend since mine hadn't showed up.  Their e-mail indicated it was FedEx.... but when I called it appears to be with a freight carrier.  I'll just wait it out.... glad I had it shipped to work since it will likely be on a pallet.  I think I'll call them for my next order and see if I can do 20 boxes or so - since the online system won't let me do that much...

I think you will like it for a pizza cook....  :)

36 minutes ago, KismetKamado said:

I called Char Broil this weekend since mine hadn't showed up.  Their e-mail indicated it was FedEx.... but when I called it appears to be with a freight carrier.  I'll just wait it out.... glad I had it shipped to work since it will likely be on a pallet.  I think I'll call them for my next order and see if I can do 20 boxes or so - since the online system won't let me do that much...

My order of 10 boxes of Center Cut was listed as Fedex. In the end, it was delivered by Estes fwiw

4 minutes ago, Chris Topher said:

My order of 10 boxes of Center Cut was listed as Fedex. In the end, it was delivered by Estes fwiw

Estes is the freight company reference they gave me as well. I figured it was local to the Rockies ... I guess not now. 

I really like this lump. If it shows up in good order I will stock up. Never seen anything like it before. Don’t want to be burned if they discontinue it.....

I used to move freight around the country and about the time I left the job, Estes was a new highly overpriced player in the game. Maybe they've changed but, I crack up when I hear companies are using them. Boy, I could still save so many companies hundreds of thousands. And, YES ESTES, I AM TALKING ABOUT YOU!!!

:rofl:

Edited by CentralTexBBQ

4 minutes ago, CentralTexBBQ said:

I used to move freight around the country and about the time I left the job, Estes was a new highly overpriced player in the game. Maybe they've changed but, I crack up when I hear companies are using them. Boy, I could still save so many companies hundreds of thousands. And, YES ESTES, I AM TALKING ABOUT YOU!!!

:rofl:

I deal with moving things about the country... a lot... I had never heard of Estes before. Assume because they aren’t not competitive in my line of work. That said, my shipping cost for the 10 boxes of lump was well under $20.... if someone is taking a bath on this.... it’s not me.... 

13 hours ago, KismetKamado said:

I deal with moving things about the country... a lot... I had never heard of Estes before. Assume because they aren’t not competitive in my line of work. That said, my shipping cost for the 10 boxes of lump was well under $20.... if someone is taking a bath on this.... it’s not me.... 

Same here. Delivery on 10 boxes of Center Cut was less than $20

On 9/16/2018 at 5:25 PM, KismetKamado said:

I broke open the Center Cut for a pizza cook and was impressed. It lit right up with no noticeable sparking and easily came up to temp (~550*). I’m glad I gave this a whirl. Also happy with the price and delivery.