KismetKamado

Throwback Pizza Cook

Papa Murphy's is our go to not frozen or homemade pizza, we like it better than most of the delivery options in town, and way cheaper!  Are you aiming for around 425 on your dome temp?  I remember making one on the gasser with a pizza stone and it was kind of a disaster, have not tried one in the kamado.  I bet it would work better on the elevated rack because you wouldn't generally cook on a stone in the oven.  Also love the calzone idea!

3 hours ago, Red River Smoke said:

Papa Murphy's is our go to not frozen or homemade pizza, we like it better than most of the delivery options in town, and way cheaper!  Are you aiming for around 425 on your dome temp?  I remember making one on the gasser with a pizza stone and it was kind of a disaster, have not tried one in the kamado.  I bet it would work better on the elevated rack because you wouldn't generally cook on a stone in the oven.  Also love the calzone idea!

Yes, I just go for around 425 - 450 ish with the Kamado good and heat soaked raised indirect over deflectors direct on an extender rack. I can do whatever size on the Big Joe but on my Vision am limited to their smaller size pizzas due to my deflector stone size and diameter available on raised grid. 

And i stsrt it in the paper tray and pull it anout half way through. But we always do the thin crust. Not sure if it would be different with regular.