Mexi-Hampshire Grilled Street Corn ala Stone

St1brew

This recipe is super easy to make and the results are out of this world! Ingredients include: fresh local corn, ranch dressing(I despise mayonnaise), seasoning and Mexican cheese blend.Truss the husks with some butchers string for a handle.  Slather corn in ranch, then sprinkle seasoning onto them.

IMG_20180901_182912.thumb.jpg.72dd245113efbf80835672c88562d3da.jpg

Put on the grill at 450 to 500 degrees fahrenheit. Be sure to make a foil heat shield as to not burn your "handles". I put mine on after this picture(dumb move, put it on prior to corn;-)).

IMG_20180901_183533.thumb.jpg.127de2a653f2d9aa7cc9b95a613c77f1.jpg

Turn corn as soon as light charring occurs. As you turn them, start adding Mexican cheese blend.

IMG_20180901_190052.thumb.jpg.8f280ff040c8a2dade7d47f025cb66df.jpg

Pop open a delicious beer to enjoy with your significant other while the cheese melts. This step is not mandatory, but highly recommended! 

Pull those beauties when they look something like this.

IMG_20180901_184351.thumb.jpg.fff976d496dcbed8a08d581bf21d3ff1.jpg

IMG_20180901_184401.thumb.jpg.4a4f0300fda6c6c4ef30c0a8b7a2aa94.jpg

Pick up by handle and enjoy immediately! Repeat as necessary. Be sure to charge people that wonder into the wafting delicious smell appropriately!

Honestly, this is amazing and I may never do regular corn again. If you've never tried, it is simple to make and tastes great!

IMG_20180901_185429.jpg

8 minutes ago, KismetKamado said:

And suddenly I wish I had picked up corn for a side for dinner tonight!  Looks great. I can only imagine how amazing it tasted. 

It was amazing, my wife and I both loved it!

5 minutes ago, MD_Ag said:

I think I know what I'm making next weekend.

Super easy to make and well worth the effort! I highly recommend the seasoning, I bought it on Amazon in a bundle for nine or ten dollars. Also love it with the ranch. Don't really know how it would taste the mayo and probably won't experiment with it. I think the biggest time eater was trussing the husk handles. Enjoy! 

1 hour ago, Ben S said:

You nailed it!  

I drove through New Hampshire today (Biddeford Maine to Boston). I missed this dish, WiFi’s was too busy thinking of lobster...

I get it! I wish I could eat lobstah more but my wife is severely allergic. Whenever she is out of town for the day I go to some of my favorite spots and pig out. I remember the last time I did that, a cook came to my table and said something about my order being kind of large for a party of one. I laughed and explained myself, he understood and brought out the entire order. There wasn't anything leftover... It's sort of like I plan my entire day around a lobster or crab lunch, meaning that I skip breakfast and dinner in favor of one feast. My wife understands as well and thinks it's funny.

1 minute ago, St1brew said:

I get it! I wish I could eat lobstah more but my wife is severely allergic. Whenever she is out of town for the day I go to some of my favorite spots and pig out. I remember the last time I did that, a cook came to my table and said something about my order being kind of large for a party of one. I laughed and explained myself, he understood and brought out the entire order. There wasn't anything leftover... It's sort of like I plan my entire day around a lobster or crab lunch, meaning that I skip breakfast and dinner in favor of one feast. My wife understands as well and thinks it's funny.

Lol.  I am the non seafood eater in the group. My young kids pick at things while running around a restaurant.  I know this phase will pass.  The older one is almost capable of being taken out and sitting down for a meal. I am not complaining!  Love them to death!  

Wonderful rendition, personally I am a mayo guy but my wife loves ranch dressing, so I will give it a try on my next batch of grilled corn. Beautiful cook, Sir. My only problem with grilled corn is that I eat the number I cook. Applying restraint is most difficult. 

5 minutes ago, keeperovdeflame said:

Wonderful rendition, personally I am a mayo guy but my wife loves ranch dressing, so I will give it a try on my next batch of grilled corn. Beautiful cook, Sir. My only problem with grilled corn is that I eat the number I cook. Applying restraint is most difficult. 

Truth!

2 minutes ago, gotzero said:

Awesome! We love this so much but trying to make everything as healthy as we willing to, we have been doing grilled corn with just fajita seasoning and lime juice, still divine!

I will keep that in mind and give a try soon. We are always willing to try the healthy option and it does sound delicious. Also, we have some vegan(hopefully not a bad word around here) friends that come over and this would work for them. Thanks!

10 minutes ago, St1brew said:

I will keep that in mind and give a try soon. We are always willing to try the healthy option and it does sound delicious. Also, we have some vegan(hopefully not a bad word around here) friends that come over and this would work for them. Thanks!

What, mayo and ranch dressing aren't healthy. They are definitely on my food pyramid:rofl: After my father had a 5 way by pass, I started  putting him on a strict healthy diet. After a few weeks, I got a call from his Heart Dr. He said to me in a fatherly voice; "Son, there is a big difference between quantity and quality of life, you gotta find a happy medium" I have followed that advice, every since. 

I do Mexican Street Corn from time to time but I'm exactly opposite of you. I hate ranch, just never understood why it's the only dressing people around where I live will eat. I go the mayo or ghee route. 

49 minutes ago, ckreef said:

I do Mexican Street Corn from time to time but I'm exactly opposite of you. I hate ranch, just never understood why it's the only dressing people around where I live will eat. I go the mayo or ghee route. 

I never thought of using ghee as a mayo replacement, guess I always thought of it as more a butter alternative.

11 hours ago, KismetKamado said:

And suddenly I wish I had picked up corn for a side for dinner tonight!  Looks great. I can only imagine how amazing it tasted. 

We were going to pick up corn for a side with last night's dinner, but all the ears seemed awfully small, so we passed on the corn.