Yellowstone & Jack Ryan shows were big hits !!!!

Dub

Yellowstone is very very good. Jack Ryan is goodish. Then again, I am a sucker for anything with cowboys in it. I really don't like the new wave of 5 or 6 episode seasons then wait an entire year for the return. Also, I am an old fuddy duddy in that I don't like to be cursed at in movies or by the TV incessantly and the nudity isn't necessary in either series. It shows laziness of acting, writing and directing in my opinion.

2 hours ago, prowe said:

I liked Jack Ryan as well.  Don't live up to a Harrison Ryan, but superior to Aflack, Cpt. Kirk or the Baldwin brother.

Jack Ryan was OK, but only if you completely divorce yourself from the idea that it's even loosely based on a Tom Clancy character/series.

28 minutes ago, Chris Topher said:

Halfway through season 2 of ozark. Good but slow-moving. So far, I’m finding season 1 to have been better. 

Wow.....I didn't realize season 2 was out.

I'm gonna give it a run soon.

11 hours ago, mbellot said:

Jack Ryan was OK, but only if you completely divorce yourself from the idea that it's even loosely based on a Tom Clancy character/series.

That's what I was worried about. I stopped reading the books when they switched to being ghost written.

I have a few flights coming up next week, so I loaded the Jack Ryan series on my ipad. I'll give it a shot.

1 hour ago, Chris Topher said:

Halfway through season 2 of ozark. Good but slow-moving. So far, I’m finding season 1 to have been better. 

I liked season 1. I watched the first episode of season 2 and it 'felt' different. I don't know what it was, but it didn't hold my interest at all. I'll keep going, but it didn't make me excited to watch.

46 minutes ago, cschaaf said:

I liked season 1. I watched the first episode of season 2 and it 'felt' different. I don't know what it was, but it didn't hold my interest at all. I'll keep going, but it didn't make me excited to watch.

There are two immutable laws governing any series that i start liking.

1. It is destined to be cancelled and soon.
  2. There aren't that many good ideas out there so, a great amount of 'deterioration' occurs from season to season. Sometimes even mid-first season ala Blindspot.

:rofl:

1 hour ago, Freddyj said:

Dub, its been out a week, get on it, youre gonna love it.

i wont say anymore than that (no spoiler)

Thanks, man.

Watching the first episode of Mayans right now.    

Gonna get onto Ozark later on this evening.