Alex

Joetisserie

Hey everyone,

first time posting on the site, very new to the kamado game but loving it so far.

my question is has anyone used the kamado joetisserie and what did you think of it, don't really want to drop the cash on it if its not any good 

cheers guys 

I have the BigJoetisserie and have used it many times. I wouldn't hesitate to spend the money, if you do much roasting. Rotisserie cooking is just so superior for roasting, that there is really no comparison. You can buy an accessory basket and do many other things also. Can't go wrong with a JoeTisserie.

Rotisserie cooking is something you either do a lot or do a little.  I have both a Joetisserie and one for my Weber kettles.  I may use them both a total of 5-6 times a year at most. On the other hand a buddy of mine probably spins something at least once a week. Only way you will know is to get one and try it.  I like the Joetisserie much better than the Weber because of the way the rod is mounted and does not require a counterweight. It definitely makes some great food like the haxen I made recently. 

256780A7-409A-4191-89A2-F2F9A629E478.jpeg

On 9/10/2018 at 12:11 AM, Alex said:

Hey everyone,

first time posting on the site, very new to the kamado game but loving it so far.

my question is has anyone used the kamado joetisserie and what did you think of it, don't really want to drop the cash on it if its not any good 

cheers guys 

the Joetisserie is top quality and works like a charm.  Depends on how much you will use it to determine its value, but its a solid product and worth the price imo

The value you get will largely depend on the type of recipiea you cook.   Roasting Chicken breasts in a flat basket produces a superior result to roasting Chicken breasts at 400 F.  

The chicken breasts are more moist and form a much more even crust on the Joetisserie.  

You get a much nicer smoke profile on Roast beef using a Jostisserie.  Rotisserie also gives a crispy skin on poultry cooks.   You can get baskets to roast veg, smoke coffee beans, roast nuts.  

The sky is the limit. 

Some of the best turkey and pork I have ever cooked came off my Joetisserie.  Makes for a super moist bird with good crispy skin.  The pork is a cuban style pork that gets a great edge sear/bark because it is spun.

1-20170510_193049.jpg.a38e370a7547d02acfbde4c1e14fbb86.jpgTurkey.jpg.cec9ed4506c1eb5fddc561866e20e437.jpg

I have to say I love the juiciness of chicken that comes off a rotisserie. The other day I made Picanha with home made e chimmi churri, and all I can say is that the flavour of the charcoal, and self basting made this one of the best flavoured meats I have had in recent times. All I had on it was salt and pepper but I could not believe how good it tastes. I used a top sirloin with the cap on, Costco in Canada sells it already cut into 2. " strips. 

Also I like the ease of it, just fork it and spin it. Mind me saying this but it makes cooking these fool proof in some ways. 

Definitely worth it as you can see from the above posts...    I love my joetisserie when I use it.   And with Thanksgiving right around the corner... lets just say smoked rotisserie turkey is wonderful! 

I've been using a rotisserie on my gas Weber for years. And love it. So when I decided to buy a kamado Big Joe the company I bought it from was offering a free joetisserie with the purchase. To me it was a must-have. It gives you another cooking option on your cooker.

20180829_183315.jpg

20180324_170136.jpg

On 10/8/2018 at 1:38 PM, odamaK said:

I have to say I love the juiciness of chicken that comes off a rotisserie. The other day I made Picanha with home made e chimmi churri, and all I can say is that the flavour of the charcoal, and self basting made this one of the best flavoured meats I have had in recent times. All I had on it was salt and pepper but I could not believe how good it tastes. I used a top sirloin with the cap on, Costco in Canada sells it already cut into 2. " strips. 

Also I like the ease of it, just fork it and spin it. Mind me saying this but it makes cooking these fool proof in some ways. 

Those Brazilians would cringe if they knew you added an Argentinian sauce to their Picanha!