Sign in to follow this  
bmcgc1960

Hello from Middle Georgia

I just purchased a Akorn 6520 from HD, on sale for $224.  

My other grill is a tabletop gas grill thats always been handy when we just want a quick meal.

I have never attempted to do much in the way of grilling or smoking, so this will be a nice new hobby.

Ive thawed a bunch of chicken and a pork roast that have been in the freezer way to long so that will be my first attempt.

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new Akorn!  Chicken is a great meat to start with, it's very forgiving as you learn to adjust and hold different temperatures.  Lots of fun learning to use these types of grills, even more fun sharing the food that comes out of them.  Glad you joined! 

5 hours ago, ckreef said:

Welcome! Where are you located in middle GA? I'm in middle GA, Danville GA to be exact. 

I live in Byron, drive right by Danville 3x a week going between Macon and Dublin.

We also ride our bikes to Savannah a couple times a year and take 80 instead of 16, so we pass right through.

Welcome from NEGA. Chicken is a great starter, but be careful. My wife says I cook it too much now. However... SOMEONE.... asked for more this past Wednesday. Just sayin.  The more you play, the better it gets. I’m using an Akorn 6020 ceramic.