Chasdev

I found my low carb/calorie beer!

I gave up "real" beer a few months ago and the loss felt was profound.

Been looking around for a super lite beer and stumbled across (and tried out) MGD64, and surprise surprise it tastes almost like beer!

It's only 64 calories with 2.4 grams of carbs so I gave myself permission to have one a day.

I really like the MGD64. Sadly, it’s not got a high enough alcohol content to be approved by the state liquor commission to be sold in Wyoming. Have to stock up when I go south to Colorado if I want any. We just don’t tolerate weak beer here. Lol. 

I'll alternate.

For no carbs: I switched to vodka, lime juice, a zero calorie mixer.

For beer:  The best I can muster is  Mich. Ultra. 

All in moderation of course.

M.

@Chasdev . me too. My doc tells me I should be near 200lbs. I said Doc, "last time I weighed 200 was during 8th grade football", (circa 1974).

He just stared at me. Y'all can see me posting under the Keto Diet as I go, seeing as I might make it to 215 before I either injure myself exercising (recently hit a fence post on my bicycle...real sore but serviceable for more:-o) or give in to a wedding, seasonal parties, and  2 rich food holidays on the horizon. Trying to figure out a strategy.:idea:

M.

On 11/4/2018 at 4:08 AM, mike echo said:

@Chasdev . me too. My doc tells me I should be near 200lbs. I said Doc, "last time I weighed 200 was during 8th grade football", (circa 1974).

He just stared at me. Y'all can see me posting under the Keto Diet as I go, seeing as I might make it to 215 before I either injure myself exercising (recently hit a fence post on my bicycle...real sore but serviceable for more:-o) or give in to a wedding, seasonal parties, and  2 rich food holidays on the horizon. Trying to figure out a strategy.:idea:

M.

You know what is crazy?  My coworker and I were talking and she was complaining that the rest of her family wanted to do a healthy Thanksgiving-meaning to them no meat.  And I get why you would want to have a turkey or ham, or whatever your traditions are, but I don't get why people wanting healthy options is somehow offensive.... Especially if they are offering to cook.  She was saying let's just have one day a year where we eat the traditional meal and you be vegan the rest of the year.  Which is just ridiculous.  Hopefully your family is more tolerant.  I really don't see why there cant just be several options!  And I say this as someone not in any kind of specialized eating plan but just as a rational human lol.

Yup. My wife and I have discussed that very topic. If your "peeps" are truly your buds, then they should be aware of/sensitive to the traditions and preferences of their guests. If they cook, like you,  we are all for whatever they cook. We know this is coming and compensate by being diplomatic and if needed, have our own cook on standby for us at home.

I remember my sister forcing decaf coffee on us (both of us are caffeine lovers). We drank it with a smile and later "had to run an errand" and went to the nearest convenience store and pounded down some regular coffee.:rofl:

Then there was the time my wife's niece made some awful and weird  "health-yyy" stir-fry. Yikes.

Our house will be traditional for holiday foods. No need to drag everyone else into my Keto madness.

My strategy... is to enjoy everyone's goodness and company. I can get myself to a spot where some non-Keto eating will be just fine.

M.