Kamado Joe @ Costco

Tarheel

I like to stock up on KJ charcoal at their Costco roadshows, but sadly by the time I realized they were at my local Costco last week they had sold out of lump :(

I think most of us know you can go to the Costco special events page and search for their show there, but this is a bit of a pain as you need to check multiple stores, and weed through the multitude of vendors you have no interest in.

But what I just realized is the Costco web site also has a Kamado Joe vendor page, which just lists  the various KJ roadshows going on around the country - much easier and convenient to use! Just wanted to share...  :)

@Golf Griller, I have travelled further than that when they were in the area, bypassing two or more Costcos to get to the show. Unfortunately, they don't seem to be carrying any accessories now at the Roadshow. I half-hoped to grab a KJ lump basket or at least toy with the idea of a rotisserie in addition to the lump. No such luck.

1 hour ago, Tarheel said:

I like to stock up on KJ charcoal at their Costco roadshows, but sadly by the time I realized they were at my local Costco last week they had sold out of lump :(

I think most of us know you can go to the Costco special events page and search for their show there, but this is a bit of a pain as you need to check multiple stores, and weed through the multitude of vendors you have no interest in.

But what I just realized is the Costco web site also has a Kamado Joe vendor page, which just lists  the various KJ roadshows going on around the country - much easier and convenient to use! Just wanted to share...  :)

@Tarheel, I feel bad, I could have saved you a ton of time. The biggest disappointment I have is that you can still regularly check that page and miss a local show. I checked for Roadshows at the end of March and found none on the schedule. When I checked a little over two weeks later, I discovered the show at a local Costco had just ended. Perhaps, Facebookians have an advantage, idk. But, it seems to me that KJ could perhaps do a better job of getting the word out to their customers of when a Roadshow is in their area. I personally would never fail to at least buy lump.

Anyway, the end of the story is check and check back often. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason as to when a new schedule is going to be posted.

Edited by CentralTexBBQ

1 hour ago, Tarheel said:

Moving this post to an appropriate area.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Hopefully I am not breaking any rules by posting this info, but this was the pricing quoted elsewhere for the Costco Roadshows:

Roadshow prices 
$1499 BIG JOE
$969 Classic 2
$399 Joe Jr
Extras /  Grill covers included
Costco reward incentive
LUMP 30 lb $21.99
BJ JOETISSERES $219.99
Classic JOETISSERES $184.99

When I saw those prices I scoured Costco’s special events page just *hoping* I could find a show anywhere within 100 miles of me!  Nothing!  Apparently out west the only shows are Traeger.  Vegas needs some lovin’!  I would be all over that lump like stink on a monkey!

Good luck at your show!

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, Kyle 30092 said:

I see the dates for a show in Greenville SC and that it runs during the week and weekend?  Might be in the area for work and may stop by on a Monday and hope it is stocked with some charcoal. 

If you arrive the Monday after the show opens on the previous Friday then they'll have tons - literally - of charcoal available. If not then there was a major glitch in shipping. Most shows get anywhere from four to eight pallets, 40 bags on each pallet.

ETA: looks like that's a two-week show and longer than usual. 

Thanks for the info. !

I see the dates for a show in Greenville SC and that it runs during the week and weekend?  Might be in the area for work and may stop by on a Monday and hope it is stocked with some charcoal. 

• 4 weeks later...