St1brew

Some questions regarding EGGfest

My wife and I will be attending our first ever EGGfest and we have a few questions. Anyone have an idea of what they typically sell demo units for? Is it sold with full warranty? Do any eggcessories come with it? Any info is appreciated. 

My only advice is participate any any games they have to win tickets for a prize drawing if they are doing that sort of thing. We stumbled into an Eggfest shopping for a new gasser. Kept the kid busy playing the equivalent of beer pong.... without beer.  Ended up winning a mini BGE that I had no interest in whatsoever....  played with it one day after it set collecting dust in the garage for months and here I am now!  :)

Also, the food we tried was for the most part not good. Too many people with not a clue as to what they were doing manning the eggs. I chalk that up to it being rural Wyoming.... surely in larger areas they can find skilled people to help out.  We had pizza with a super thick black crust. Deep dish. No deflector. Sheesh. 

3 minutes ago, KismetKamado said:

My only advice is participate any any games they have to win tickets for a prize drawing if they are doing that sort of thing. We stumbled into an Eggfest shopping for a new gasser. Kept the kid busy playing the equivalent of beer pong.... without beer.  Ended up winning a mini BGE that I had no interest in whatsoever....  played with it one day after it set collecting dust in the garage for months and here I am now!  :)

Also, the food we tried was for the most part not good. Too many people with not a clue as to what they were doing manning the eggs. I chalk that up to it being rural Wyoming.... surely in larger areas they can find skilled people to help out.  We had pizza with a super thick black crust. Deep dish. No deflector. Sheesh. 

Rural WY? Have you ever been to NH?;-) We're excited but coming off that SRF brisket, it will be hard to top that... My wife is still stating she's been ruined! I guess we try and go at things with an open mind, but know we could be disappointed. We personally know a pitmaster that works for a good local bbq joint and he was asked to cater an egg event. He admitted to us after the event that he felt lost or out of his league, and didn't really have a great grasp on kamado cooking. I am hoping for a win on those games, I love playing 'em anyhow.

The Annual Eggtoberfest in Georgia allows you to buy demo units (once they cool off) at the end of the fest. The fest typically has 300+ cooks so that's a lot of Eggs!  Here's the demo egg information:

Demo EGG Info
EGG demo packages are available for purchase for $795 (including tax). These EGGs have been used only at EGGtoberfest. Demo EGG Packages DO NOT include EGGtoberfest Tickets. EGGtoberfest Tickets must be purchased separately. You do not need an EGGtoberfest Ticket if you are arriving after 5:30 and only picking up a Demo EGG.

EACH DEMO PACKAGE includes a Large Big Green Egg, intEGGrated Nest + Handler*, rEGGulator*, convEGGtor, Grill Gripper, Ash Tool, 1 Box of Fire Starters and a 10 lb. bag of Big Green Egg Lump Charcoal.

* New to the Big Green Egg product line

18 hours ago, KismetKamado said:

Wow!  The eggfest here in Cincinnati was great.  I think I only tried one thing that I didn't like, everything else was delicious.  One dish inspired me to make Mac and Cheese on the grill.  Man is it tasty with a little cherry smoke.

54 minutes ago, Pigfqr said:

Wow!  The eggfest here in Cincinnati was great.  I think I only tried one thing that I didn't like, everything else was delicious.  One dish inspired me to make Mac and Cheese on the grill.  Man is it tasty with a little cherry smoke.

Nice! Sounds like you had a great time. Like I said, we are going with open minds and hoping for the best. Do you remember the details for demo eggs for sale? Did they have other sizes other than large? What were some of the the vendors we may see? Thanks gurus for the info! I'm still waiting on hearing back from the person who was listed for demo egg sales, but I'm sure he probably has weekends off.

3 hours ago, St1brew said:

Did they have other sizes other than large? What were some of the the vendors we may see? 

Only large.

You'll see the Big Green Egg tent which is a good-sized store, chock full of all things Egg. Plus a bunch of after-market vendors such as Kick ash Basket. 

Video from 2017

And 2016

I went to my first egg fest last spring, but it was a small one. Most the food was ok, but what really shocked me was getting to taste the desserts cooked on a kamado. They were not overly smokey.  I was sure I'd do one this summer..... But I didnt.  Still on my to do list. 

24 minutes ago, LargeRedJoe said:

Only large.

You'll see the Big Green Egg tent which is a good-sized store, chock full of all things Egg. Plus a bunch of after-market vendors such as Kick ash Basket. 

Video from 2017

And 2016

Too bad, I was looking for a mini max or small to compliment my Vision. Large would be nice but I feel that's pretty close in size to my current set up. The giveaway is for an xxl. Which I will gladly take! However, I was hoping for a more portable unit to take with me wherever. I guess I was thinking it was more like the KJ roadshows where you buy one and get the mini(JR) for free. I guess I could always buy an Akorn from Walmart....

59 minutes ago, St1brew said:

Too bad, I was looking for a mini max or small to compliment my Vision. Large would be nice but I feel that's pretty close in size to my current set up. The giveaway is for an xxl. Which I will gladly take! However, I was hoping for a more portable unit to take with me wherever. I guess I was thinking it was more like the KJ roadshows where you buy one and get the mini(JR) for free. I guess I could always buy an Akorn from Walmart....

Check when you get there. I don't recall seeing anything other than Large Eggs used for demos. 

You can of course buy any size egg in the tent, but I know that's not what you had in mind.

On 9/21/2018 at 5:54 PM, St1brew said:

My wife and I will be attending our first ever EGGfest and we have a few questions. Anyone have an idea of what they typically sell demo units for? Is it sold with full warranty? Do any eggcessories come with it? Any info is appreciated. 

Had no idea there was an egg fest this weekend.  Wouldn’t mind checking one out.  How was it?

6 hours ago, Bgosnell151 said:

Had no idea there was an egg fest this weekend.  Wouldn’t mind checking one out.  How was it?

Here are the details for the one we are attending! Probably about an hour and a half from your location. 

Keene, NH EGGfest on Sept. 29th.