Jump to content

St1brew

Some questions regarding EGGfest

Recommended Posts

My wife and I will be attending our first ever EGGfest and we have a few questions. Anyone have an idea of what they typically sell demo units for? Is it sold with full warranty? Do any eggcessories come with it? Any info is appreciated. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My only advice is participate any any games they have to win tickets for a prize drawing if they are doing that sort of thing. We stumbled into an Eggfest shopping for a new gasser. Kept the kid busy playing the equivalent of beer pong.... without beer.  Ended up winning a mini BGE that I had no interest in whatsoever....  played with it one day after it set collecting dust in the garage for months and here I am now!  :)

 

Also, the food we tried was for the most part not good. Too many people with not a clue as to what they were doing manning the eggs. I chalk that up to it being rural Wyoming.... surely in larger areas they can find skilled people to help out.  We had pizza with a super thick black crust. Deep dish. No deflector. Sheesh. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, KismetKamado said:

My only advice is participate any any games they have to win tickets for a prize drawing if they are doing that sort of thing. We stumbled into an Eggfest shopping for a new gasser. Kept the kid busy playing the equivalent of beer pong.... without beer.  Ended up winning a mini BGE that I had no interest in whatsoever....  played with it one day after it set collecting dust in the garage for months and here I am now!  :)

 

Also, the food we tried was for the most part not good. Too many people with not a clue as to what they were doing manning the eggs. I chalk that up to it being rural Wyoming.... surely in larger areas they can find skilled people to help out.  We had pizza with a super thick black crust. Deep dish. No deflector. Sheesh. 

Rural WY? Have you ever been to NH?;-) We're excited but coming off that SRF brisket, it will be hard to top that... My wife is still stating she's been ruined! I guess we try and go at things with an open mind, but know we could be disappointed. We personally know a pitmaster that works for a good local bbq joint and he was asked to cater an egg event. He admitted to us after the event that he felt lost or out of his league, and didn't really have a great grasp on kamado cooking. I am hoping for a win on those games, I love playing 'em anyhow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Annual Eggtoberfest in Georgia allows you to buy demo units (once they cool off) at the end of the fest. The fest typically has 300+ cooks so that's a lot of Eggs!  Here's the demo egg information:
 

Quote

Demo EGG Info
EGG demo packages are available for purchase for $795 (including tax). These EGGs have been used only at EGGtoberfest. Demo EGG Packages DO NOT include EGGtoberfest Tickets. EGGtoberfest Tickets must be purchased separately. You do not need an EGGtoberfest Ticket if you are arriving after 5:30 and only picking up a Demo EGG.

EACH DEMO PACKAGE includes a Large Big Green Egg, intEGGrated Nest + Handler*, rEGGulator*, convEGGtor, Grill Gripper, Ash Tool, 1 Box of Fire Starters and a 10 lb. bag of Big Green Egg Lump Charcoal.

* New to the Big Green Egg product line

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, KismetKamado said:

My only advice is participate any any games they have to win tickets for a prize drawing if they are doing that sort of thing. We stumbled into an Eggfest shopping for a new gasser. Kept the kid busy playing the equivalent of beer pong.... without beer.  Ended up winning a mini BGE that I had no interest in whatsoever....  played with it one day after it set collecting dust in the garage for months and here I am now!  :)

 

Also, the food we tried was for the most part not good. Too many people with not a clue as to what they were doing manning the eggs. I chalk that up to it being rural Wyoming.... surely in larger areas they can find skilled people to help out.  We had pizza with a super thick black crust. Deep dish. No deflector. Sheesh. 

Wow!  The eggfest here in Cincinnati was great.  I think I only tried one thing that I didn't like, everything else was delicious.  One dish inspired me to make Mac and Cheese on the grill.  Man is it tasty with a little cherry smoke.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Pigfqr said:

Wow!  The eggfest here in Cincinnati was great.  I think I only tried one thing that I didn't like, everything else was delicious.  One dish inspired me to make Mac and Cheese on the grill.  Man is it tasty with a little cherry smoke.

Nice! Sounds like you had a great time. Like I said, we are going with open minds and hoping for the best. Do you remember the details for demo eggs for sale? Did they have other sizes other than large? What were some of the the vendors we may see? Thanks gurus for the info! I'm still waiting on hearing back from the person who was listed for demo egg sales, but I'm sure he probably has weekends off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, St1brew said:

Did they have other sizes other than large? What were some of the the vendors we may see? 

Only large.

You'll see the Big Green Egg tent which is a good-sized store, chock full of all things Egg. Plus a bunch of after-market vendors such as Kick ash Basket. 

 

Video from 2017

 

And 2016

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I went to my first egg fest last spring, but it was a small one. Most the food was ok, but what really shocked me was getting to taste the desserts cooked on a kamado. They were not overly smokey.  I was sure I'd do one this summer..... But I didnt.  Still on my to do list. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, LargeRedJoe said:

Only large.

You'll see the Big Green Egg tent which is a good-sized store, chock full of all things Egg. Plus a bunch of after-market vendors such as Kick ash Basket. 

 

Video from 2017

 

And 2016

 

 

Too bad, I was looking for a mini max or small to compliment my Vision. Large would be nice but I feel that's pretty close in size to my current set up. The giveaway is for an xxl. Which I will gladly take! However, I was hoping for a more portable unit to take with me wherever. I guess I was thinking it was more like the KJ roadshows where you buy one and get the mini(JR) for free. I guess I could always buy an Akorn from Walmart....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, St1brew said:

Too bad, I was looking for a mini max or small to compliment my Vision. Large would be nice but I feel that's pretty close in size to my current set up. The giveaway is for an xxl. Which I will gladly take! However, I was hoping for a more portable unit to take with me wherever. I guess I was thinking it was more like the KJ roadshows where you buy one and get the mini(JR) for free. I guess I could always buy an Akorn from Walmart....

Check when you get there. I don't recall seeing anything other than Large Eggs used for demos. 

 

You can of course buy any size egg in the tent, but I know that's not what you had in mind.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/21/2018 at 5:54 PM, St1brew said:

My wife and I will be attending our first ever EGGfest and we have a few questions. Anyone have an idea of what they typically sell demo units for? Is it sold with full warranty? Do any eggcessories come with it? Any info is appreciated. 

Had no idea there was an egg fest this weekend.  Wouldn’t mind checking one out.  How was it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Bgosnell151 said:

Had no idea there was an egg fest this weekend.  Wouldn’t mind checking one out.  How was it?

Here are the details for the one we are attending! Probably about an hour and a half from your location. 

Keene, NH EGGfest on Sept. 29th.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Similar Content

    • By 12v_dub
      Hi Guys,
      Few years back I posted my build on a custom cedar table for my old Char-griller Akorn kamado. I have recently purchased and upgraded to Kamado Joe Classic II and am currently building a new table for it. It is all being made using western red cedar. I will be updating progress periodically. 
      Overall dimensions are as follows: 84" (L) x 36" (W) x 32" (H) 
      Grill will be placed in the middle with 2 lower shelves on each side. 
       
      Picture of the old grill set up. 





    • By St1brew
      Anyone ever try this? Will it fit my vision pro series c?  These things are beautiful in stand alone version, however I'm not really concerned about the aesthetics but more about functionality. The one for the Weber kettle  looks like it does a nice job. Thanks in advance for any information.
       
      -Stone
       
      Arteflame insert for BGE 18''
    • By Logan
      I'm looking for the cast iron chimney piece for a Classic Joe. I've been using a SmoBot vent and it would be nice to have it always mounted to one chimney for overnight smokes and have another I can use for high-temp and regular cooks.
    • By Smoque'n
      Quick question guys whenever I see someone interested in buying a used Ceramic cooker doesn’t matter the brand the topic of warranty comes up especially in regards to the fire boxes. My question is if you bought a used Ceramic kamado cooker and eventually the fire box broke then you make the decision to purchase a new fire box at that point you will have a full warranty on that Ceramic part correct. 
    • By brandon78
      I currently own two Primos, which I love. In the future, I would like to get a third ceramic grill: either the Primo XL, KJ Big Joe, or the BGE XL. I have a local dealer for the BGE, which is a big advantage to me. However, after reading some posts here, and researching BGE's warranty, I came across the part where using any non-BGE accessories void the warranty.  I am not a fan of the BGE deflector plate, and would prefer to use the set up with split plates from the Ceramic Grill Store. I know that there is probably no way BGE would ever know that someone used such aftermarket products, but I am interested to know if anyone has reached out to BGE or had an experience with them that would indicate whether they would actually void a warranty if they found out. I have read a lot of posts from 2012 when this statement was added to the warranty, and people's opinions about whether it would be enforced, but I haven't found any posts about first-hand experiences out there. 
       
      Any thoughts from current BGE owners, or anyone with insights, would be appreciated. 
×
×
  • Create New...