Sign in to follow this  
Icepaq

Tired of pork and chicken

1 hour ago, Bgosnell151 said:

So I guess Guinea Pig is next for him.

One of these days.......... Hey it's a staple protein in a few villages around the world. Easy to hide from the drug loards and has a good reproduction rate.

Armadillo Eggs (the dish, not the thing)

Duck

Lamb

Venison

Water Buffalo

Bison

Lots of animals that are fantastic over Charcoal.

One of my personal favorite meals to grill on the kamado is smoked Beef roast sliced 1/2" thick in strips and then cedar planked in layers with Butter, Onions, Mushrooms and chive topped with a pepper jack or Gouda cheese. Put on a bun of your choice or eat as it is.

11 hours ago, Catsn'doos said:

One of my personal favorite meals to grill on the kamado is smoked Beef roast sliced 1/2" thick in strips and then cedar planked in layers with Butter, Onions, Mushrooms and chive topped with a pepper jack or Gouda cheese. Put on a bun of your choice or eat as it is.

I NEED to see this cook done!!!  And don’t forget the step by step directions on how to do it.

On 9/24/2018 at 9:49 PM, Bgosnell151 said:

I NEED to see this cook done!!!  And don’t forget the step by step directions on how to do it.

20180817_165639.thumb.jpg.feff48ea0e92e4475c6cddd56fc9b89e.jpg

Well, here's a teaser of Alice roast layered with the butter mushroom and onion between layers of strips...

20180817_174739.thumb.jpg.eecb66560504323699fe05a0a3a15773.jpg

This time I switched it up and wrapped it with lettuce and peppers, with a drizzle of hot rhubarb bbq sauce.

Next time I make this I'll do like you suggested and do a step by step. With 2 kids 2 and under, finding time to document cooks is a little harder right now.

A personal favorite time to do this is when the wild Puffball mushrooms are in full swing, then use slices of puff ball in place of cremini mushrooms.