Golf Griller

Alligator Kbobs

Great job, love the bourbon theme! I'm certain that it was delicious. In my limited experience, alligator was a bit chewy but otherwise a very good protein. Was I just eating it overcooked? Would love to try some gator kabobs! Would they go good with pineapple, onion and bell pepper? 

1 hour ago, Golf Griller said:

It was fantastic. I like the buttery taste of chardonnay aged in oak, rather than the clean crisp taste of chardonnay aged in stainless steel. The bourbon barrels added another level of complexity to the wine.

7 hours ago, Golf Griller said:

It was very tasty.

That is a fantastic cook!! Reminds me when I would go down to Nawlins to visit my mom and eat some gator. The BBQ boys have a You Tube video showing how they BBQ a small gator!!!

28 minutes ago, St1brew said:

Great job, love the bourbon theme! I'm certain that it was delicious. In my limited experience, alligator was a bit chewy but otherwise a very good protein. Was I just eating it overcooked? Would love to try some gator kabobs! Would they go good with pineapple, onion and bell pepper? 

It was not chewy, so I'm not sure if you were eating it overcooked or not. I think that some veggies would be good with it, but because of its mild taste, you would not want to overwhelm it with other things on the skewer.

34 minutes ago, Smokey Sam said:

That is a fantastic cook!! Reminds me when I would go down to Nawlins to visit my mom and eat some gator. The BBQ boys have a You Tube video showing how they BBQ a small gator!!!

I have seen that video. I can't say that they were my only inspiration, but they were among my inspirations.

3 hours ago, Golf Griller said:

Did you notice that there was a bourbon theme? Bourbon glazing sauce and chardonnay aged in bourbon barrels?

I did not notice but I am all for it!

Somewhere in the basement I have an extra bottle of Woodford Reserve finished in Chardonnay barrels. Go figure...

On 9/23/2018 at 10:37 PM, gotzero said:

I did not notice but I am all for it!

Somewhere in the basement I have an extra bottle of Woodford Reserve finished in Chardonnay barrels. Go figure...

They made whiskey finished in Chardonnay bottles???

2 hours ago, K_sqrd said:

Great looking dish. Speaking of Bourbon - a glaze with the following might be interesting...

https://www.bourbonbanter.com/drink/drink-reviews/flavored-whiskey-reviews/george-dickel-tabasco-brand-barrel-finish-whisky-review2/

Sounds like you could make a good glaze with it, but it does not sound like something I would like to drink on the rocks.