I have the Costco Pitt Boss and so far I have used it to cook:

- Chicken Wings

- Burgers

- Pork Shoulder

- Pizza

I have all the pieces that came with the Pitt Boss:

- Heat Deflector

- Cooking Rack

I have been watching a lot of John's videos where he uses a Kamado Joe.  He has other racks and such that I don't have.

On my BBQ I love to toss a Tenderloin on the Rotisserie.  I have also been doing some Reverse Searing in the Oven with a Prime Rib.  Both of which are dynamite!

(1) I would like to be  able to do some sort of Rotisserie set up on the Pitt Boss if that's do-able.

(2) Which accessories do you find to be versatile? 

It looks like the Ceramic Grill Spider Stone Bundle from Ceramic Grill Store is similar to what I see John use often.  Without buying EVERYTHING, what is/are accessories that would be useful and I should look in to?

Someone has had a good idea how to fit a rotisserie to a 22 pit boss I will be shamelessly copying him on my 24 

The only other item I will get for mine is a grate lifter that can grab the heat deflector when I want to sear a steak 

Edited by ndg_2000
Add more info

The adjustable rig from the Ceramic Grill Store is super nice, will do what a KJ Divide and Conquer will do and the quality can't be beat. I also got one half stone and a half rack to do levels for veggies or whatever. My next purchase for the grill will definitely be an ash basket, probably Kick Ash, but I'm not opposed to going cheaper. I also have it in my head I want a big soapstone for smash burgers and that would also double as a pizza stone. I'm less inclined to want a rotisserie, I feel like they cook pretty evenly with the deflector in place, but it would be a fun toy to have. Oh I also have the spider from CGS mostly to hold my wok, but I haven't used it yet.

I find the Pit Boss platesetter/deflector too high, and the grate too low/close. This gives no room for a drip pan, unless you use one with very little lip. It also puts the heat too close. I'm buying the CGS Woo Ring which will allow me to use my 16" cordierite round kiln shelf as a lower heat deflector, and the grate will sit at felt level on the upper Woo Ring. Then the only thing I will use the platesetter for is elevated (legs down), with the round spaced on top for pizza.

Just a couple Things I have done.

Titan High efficiency Charcoal Basket

CGS- spider with 2 half stones with 14" stainless drip pan

I took the top rack and cut the hooks that hing it together and cut them off so I could have a upper half rack if i wanted.

IMG_2301.JPG

IMG_2302.JPG

IMG_2303.JPG

IMG_2305.JPG

IMG_2306.JPG

On 10/2/2018 at 7:31 PM, cardcon said:

Just a couple Things I have done.

Titan High efficiency Charcoal Basket

CGS- spider with 2 half stones with 14" stainless drip pan

I took the top rack and cut the hooks that hing it together and cut them off so I could have a upper half rack if i wanted.

IMG_2301.JPG

IMG_2302.JPG

IMG_2303.JPG

IMG_2305.JPG

IMG_2306.JPG

I'm not sure what the deal is but that Titan charcoal basket hasn't been available since earlier this year.  I was going to get one when I got my Pit Boss in March but it was unavailable then and has been since.