Joetisserie replacement motor

odamaK

So, I got my Joetisserie and began to look for a replacement motor in case after a year my motor failed. The joetisserie motor is .model RM-A101, and conveniently enough Onlyfire has the exact same model number motor that looks identical. Here is the link on Amazon for Canada, same item would be for the USA. 

https://www.amazon.ca/Universal-Replacement-Stainless-Rotisserie-Aftermarket/dp/B00X7RKFWG/ref=asc_df_B00X7RKFWG/?tag=googlemobshop-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=293002225578&hvpos=1o1&hvnetw=g&hvrand=1174210165666426299&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=m&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9000793&hvtargid=pla-502873780552&psc=1&th=1

I ordered by both, and the stainless is going back, it does not match for reasons below. 

Now this says it's rated for 20lbs and is 4 watts just like the Kamado Joe one except the kamado Joe says 50 lbs. which I find odd. 

Also the stainless steel one on Amazon is a RM-A201 and the bolt pattern does not .match the Kamado Joe plate if you have to swap plates. 

The description says it has anti backlash gears.

It's not stronger for those looking for more power but this will allow you to swap adaptor plates and have a backup motor in case your motor dies during a spin possibly and this will get you back up and ruunnig. It's cheap insurance.  

Can't upload photos from where I am but will try later. 

Oh the joetisserie cord is longer. 

John the end plates on the Kamado joe  motor can be switched to this only fire motor simply by unscrewing them and rescrewng them. They are an identical match less the shorter cord and mounting plate. So for people that cannot buy one from Kamado Joe like packer01 this would work for them, and at $24 it’s possible the only solution some people might have.

Though one would think a dealer would be able to order the motor for you. I find it odd Kamado Joe won’t sell the motor separately. 

4 hours ago, odamaK said:

John the end plates on the Kamado joe  motor can be switched to this only fire motor simply by unscrewing them and rescrewng them. They are an identical match less the shorter cord and mounting plate. So for people that cannot buy one from Kamado Joe like packer01 this would work for them, and at $24 it’s possible the only solution some people might have.

Though one would think a dealer would be able to order the motor for you. I find it odd Kamado Joe won’t sell the motor separately. 

You’ll have to post pics when you can so we can see how you made this work.  KJ has to source there motor from someone. This is probably the company that supplies the motor.

On 10/7/2018 at 3:00 AM, Charcoal Addict said:

You’ll have to post pics when you can so we can see how you made this work.  KJ has to source there motor from someone. This is probably the company that supplies the motor.

Here are the photos of the two sides by side. The disassembled ones have the Joetisserie on the right and the only fire on the left. You can see the bolt pattern is identical, just unscrew and swap plates and your good to go. 1594946025_20181006_1029372.thumb.jpg.f72c3daf61142e76acad0e84d9fbeccf.jpg1366093063_20181006_1022312.thumb.jpg.bbeb409e8341b8a58e7f83ef926d51d4.jpg

On 10/7/2018 at 3:00 AM, Charcoal Addict said:

I may be wrong but this motor has the same shape, size, and pattern there was no mystery to make it work. Amazon rates it at 20 lbs whereas the stainless one is 40 lbs but that may be misinformation so I take that with a grain of salt. 

Here is only fires websits of the item

http://www.onlyfireoutdoor.com/Product/product/id/109.html

Onlyfore make rods, forks etc. So it's not too far to think kamado Joe used them for the motor, Rod and forks and a casting company for the ring. 

We live in a global supply chain world where may parts get used by many different manufactures.