Panchango

Saucy Jerk Pork Ribs

I felt like trying something different than the normal prep for ribs.  I marinated a rack of St. Louis cut pork ribs for a couple days in a mixture of Walker's Wood Jerk Paste, Orange and Pineapple juices, and a touch of oil.  The grill got away from a little bit and these smoked between 250 and 300 F today.  It was 2 hours open with a mix of cherry, apple, and beech wood. Followed by 45 minutes wrapped, and about the same open to finish.  I reserved the marinade added some catsup, brown sugar, maple sugar, and a bit of dark rice wine vinegar. brought to a boil until slightly thickened then basted the ribs on my final step.  Overall, they turned out better than expected, tasty and tender.  The one got a little hot near the edge of the deflector, but it was minor.  Thanks for looking.

ribs.jpg.6e5e098e71a91467d200029278509eb4.jpg

Thanks Everyone.  They were tasty and make me wonder why I dont do ribs more often. 

I still have some of the glaze for lack of a better term in the fridge and haven't quite figured out what to do with it yet.

1 hour ago, Panchango said:

Thanks Everyone.  They were tasty and make me wonder why I dont do ribs more often. 

I still have some of the glaze for lack of a better term in the fridge and haven't quite figured out what to do with it yet.

They look unbelievable!!  For the leftover, may I suggest turkey legs.

On 10/7/2018 at 9:05 PM, Panchango said:

Chicken??