6 hours ago, Lydia said:

I’m also very glad that my local bbq shops don’t have alcohol available when major purchases can become increasingly more tempting! 

Of course my local liquor store has weekly wine tastings on Friday and Saturday. They also have periodic tastings of beer, bourbon, and tequila. This tends to run up the purchases when I go to buy a couple bottles of wine.

Haha!!  Yes they’re very dangerous too! We stumbled upon one once where there was a group of about 10 people who turned up at the same time each week for the free tastings, like a social group. They were such fun, we stayed drinking for an hour with them and I somehow won a free bottle of French wine. Lol .. I can’t remember how? 

Every time I visit this forum I am reminded of just how much I don't know.  This is the first I've heard of the Vortex, so now I need one, I guess it would fit the Weber Performer.

KK, do you recall who brewed that beer?  I have a friend out west with whom I do bottle shares with a couple times a year, your beer sounds really nice and the color is incredible.

3 hours ago, GrillnBrew said:

Every time I visit this forum I am reminded of just how much I don't know.  This is the first I've heard of the Vortex, so now I need one, I guess it would fit the Weber Performer.

KK, do you recall who brewed that beer?  I have a friend out west with whom I do bottle shares with a couple times a year, your beer sounds really nice and the color is incredible.

I'm thinking the performer is a 22".

https://vortexbbq.com/which-size/

Two good guys to purchase from:

http://www.owensbbq.com/vortex.html

Or

https://madhunkymeats.com/product-category/accessories/

Thanks for the links, looks like Owens may throw in some free wing rub, always a bonus. I'll have to leave a not so subtle hint with the wife, I'm not allowed to buy myself toys between October and Christmas.

12 hours ago, GrillnBrew said:

It's a Deschutes and available in kegs only - no bottles.....  :(    

Was tempted to order one, but figured the novelty would wear off by the time I was halfway through it.  :)

You can't go wrong ordering from either of the companies listed by TKOBBQ, but I really do enjoy ordering from Owen's.  Great people to order from and I'm a big fan of a number of their products.  And I concur that the Performer is the 22" kettle.

I love chicken wings and those wings fit right into that category. That Vortex looks like something I'm going to get some time in the future. And I'm happy to hear Mr. KK had such a nice time and you have great restraints from taking advantage of him during that 25% off sale.