Joe Windows

Feet for stand alone

First off, Wow, what a beautiful outdoor kitchen set up. Fine Job, Sir. And now onto your question:

Personally, I like air flow between the base of my kettle and the surface it sits on regardless of what the surface is.  (in my case a metal rolling table). I use a BGE table nest which has four short legs and holds my Egg about 2 inches off the surface.  It provides a very stable base even on a rolling table, lots of insulating air flow,  and at the same time gives me  a nice clean look, that you can clean under.  One could easily be made by a local metal shop out of inch and half or two inch flat  stock in a crossing X with supports to keep the Joe in place, and the ends bent into legs. here's what mine looks like. Mine is just painted black metal with little plastic booties. I don't really know the diameter of the Big Joe's base, maybe the XL BGE table nest will fit it?

IMG_0196.thumb.jpg.fca9832dffcbf0295e7ca3b2a84de57d.jpg

IMG_0197.thumb.jpg.de4f204f8deff3ea549357e6908e29e5.jpg

Beautiful outdoor kitchen! 

Personally I would order the feet or like Keeper suggested. 

My concern would be the Joe unexpectedly falling backward and smashing on the ground. Not sure how likely that would be...especially without the feet.....but I'm paranoid like that. 

I have seen where people have lifted the lid too fast and then let go and the egg fall over backwards stand and all. 

Something to consider.. 

Joe,

do you have any details on the dimensions for the cutout area where the BJ is sitting. I am building a house right now and owe my builder the dimensions I want. Yours looks like what I want. I may have a backside wall behind the BJ, but haven’t decided yet. I’m looking for the depth of the countertop, width of the cutout and also the height from the top of the countertop down to where the BJ is sitting. 

Thanks. 

Great Kitchen!  Get the Feet. They are just a few bucks in the grand scheme.  My classic is very stable on them and the air gap is there.

Now if outdoor Refrigerators would last more than one year here. 

IMG_7157.jpg

On 4/5/2019 at 11:06 AM, Gorilla33 said:

Joe,

do you have any details on the dimensions for the cutout area where the BJ is sitting. I am building a house right now and owe my builder the dimensions I want. Yours looks like what I want. I may have a backside wall behind the BJ, but haven’t decided yet. I’m looking for the depth of the countertop, width of the cutout and also the height from the top of the countertop down to where the BJ is sitting. 

Thanks. 

I made mine pretty tight but it worked out perfectly.  The opening is 27 3/4 wide (at the counter height), 16" high x 39" deep. 

Good Luck!