Smoked Pulled Chicken Sandwiches

daninpd

Peach Nectar and Whiskey Brined, Cherry Smoked Pulled Chicken Sandwiches with Slaw

I wanted to use the KJ for my second cook so I brined some chicken leg-quarters in peach nectar, whiskey, salt, cayenne and black pepper.  After brining overnight I rubbed them with some of Meathead Goldwyn's "Simon and Garfunkel" Rub and then smoked 2-1/2 hours with cherry wood at 225.  Made some slaw to top them using Amanda Freitag's recipe:  https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/amanda-freitag/pulled-pork-sandwich-with-bbq-sauce-and-coleslaw-2820418

Took another can of peach nectar and cooked it down to glaze consistency with a little cayenne to moisten the pulled chicken.  Assembling the sandwiches is the essence of simplicity:  Bun, Chicken, Slaw, Bun.  Made a nice Monday lunch.

Ingredients for the Pulled Chicken.JPG

In The Brine.JPG

Simon and Garfunkel Rub.JPG

2-12 Hours at 225.JPG

Ready to remove skins and pull.JPG

Toasted Baker's Buns.JPG

Ready to Assemble.JPG

Pulled Chicken Sandwich with Chips..JPG

Edited by daninpd
short between the earphones

1 hour ago, KismetKamado said:

and especially like the pics of the chicken on the grill.

It's all about keeping the little knobby ends of the legs pointed in interesting directions.    Sort of Feng Shui on the KJ.  Or maybe because that was the only picture taken outdoors.