bbqboss84601

KJ Cooking Surfaces

Its been a minute or two since I have posted anything. I have been cooking, just really really busy. So I just picked up a soapstone and laser cut with a Joetisserie for the BJ. I bought them with the intention of really stretching what I use the KJ for and I really hope to put it through its paces. I know John has the Laser cut, but does anyone else and what do you like it for? I have some pretty rad cooks in mind already for it, but would like to be inspired as well. Anyway, thanks for taking the time to read this. Glad I am back.

I’m interested to hear some feedback on the laser cut as well. I have one but haven’t used it yet. I’m a little concerned cleanup is going to be challenging....

Also there are two generations of these it seems.  Not sure how significant of a difference it is. 

I have the first Gen Fish Grate with the plus sign pattern.  It’s been a mixed bag.  It gets too hot for most fish cooks exposed directly to the fire.  The Jotisserie took away a lot of jobs that I would have used the Fish and Veg grate for. 

It laser cut gets used occasionally.  It just hasn’t gotten the mileage I was hoping to get out of it.