7. BURGER MEISTER

BURGER MEISTER

8. O C

O C

9. KismetKamado

KismetKamado

• Similar Content

• By philpom
      I had just finished doing a coarse grind on a chuckie for burgers when I started thinking about sausage.  I decided right then to do a test run of a single 1 pound cotto salami round.

I used what I had on hand.  @Smokehowze was one of my sources of information.

Smoked salt
      Tender quick
      Sugar
      Cracked black pepper
      Powdered milk
      Ground coriander 
      Cardamon
      garlic powder
      Water

I also inoculated it with a 7 strain germ.  This is something I want to play more with.

I didn't have any casings so I used a Mason jar.  Once mixed and packed it sat in the fridge for a few days to mature and cure.

I cooked it in the sous vide at 165 for about 3 hours to an internal temp of 155.  Let it rest for a few hours, dried it off and vacuum sealed it, back in the fridge for almost a week to mellow.

Fresh out of the water after the rest

After 5 days to mellow 

A few pics, my first taste.  I think I'll do a large batch for Christmas gifts.  It's tasty!

• By Lydia
      Hi Aussie’s! If you’ve been skirting around the idea of getting a sous vide device, now is the time you should think of biting the bullet. Anova is on sale for $99 AUD https://anovaculinary.com/anova-precision-cooker/?utm_source=fb&utm_medium=paid+social&utm_campaign_name=Conversions&utm_adset_name=Australia&utm_placement=Facebook_Mobile_Feed&utm_campaign_id=6103227441440&utm_ad_name=Price+You'll+<3+%3A%3A+Black+Image%3A%3A+%2499+AUD+CLEARANCE&utm_ad_id=6103273614040

• By LargeRedJoe
      I'm not into sous vide (yet) but I found this technique to be an interesting way to tackle an old standard. 

• By KamadoJosephine
      HEYYYYYY-OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, KamadoJoooooo is baaaaack!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, I've had a few reds, so I'm gonna make an extra effort to keep this one clean for the more delicate among us 

So a few months ago, I saw some big, fat steaks on sale at the local Woolies (for you seppo's, think Ralphs, etc).  Bought em, vac sealed em, froze em, and forgot about em...
      Until the weekend.
      Sunday night, threw one in the Sous Vide at 50C, and let it sit.

FOR 2 DAYS!!!!!

Yep, I have no fear.   2 Days.   Like a boss.

It came out, looking like this:

mmmmmm, who wouldn't want a piece of this...?

Whack on some olive oil, salt and pepper:

and chuck the bugger onto a 480C hot KJ:

1 sneaky 90 degree rotate late, I flipped it, and oooh yeaaaahhh babyyyyy:

2nd side done, back on the plate, back inside.  Drool on the floor was a slip hazard:

Here's a cross-section, specifically cut for y'all:

This dirt-cheap hunk of meat was the best steak I've had in a long time.  All hail the sous vide and the brutal smokey heat of my round red friend.  It was a melt-in-the-mouth steak, and I'm sitting here - fat, dumb and happy with a gutfull of steak and wine and joy 

Happy 2018!!!!
    • By BEER-N-BBQ by Larry
      Hi all,

I recently acquired a PicoBrew Pico Pro electric brewing device to review on my YouTube channel (The Pico Pro: A Hands-On Review) and discovered that it has a sous vide mode built-in.  I couldn't resist giving it a try as you can see in the video below.  Turned out perfectly medium rare and very juicy.  I just wish it had the charcoal flavor it was lacking.