KamadoSalim

Hello!! From Melbourne , Australia

I have a Pitt Boss 24 and have been looking at getting a K.A.B. But decided to improve the air flow another way. I know this doesn't help with knocking out the ash but it does improve the air flow. 

I bought 2 cake stands with legs and bent the legs in to hold the 2 stands in place. They are twisted so they would form a grid. if you look at the photo you will see what I mean. 

15417151258383930957377763638869.jpg

Edited by ndg_2000
Re

20 minutes ago, KamadoSalim said:

I totally agree with you, it is not going to stop me, for the better airflow what you think for kick ash basket ? I’m planning to get one 

20 minutes ago, KamadoSalim said:

I totally agree with you, it is not going to stop me, for the better airflow what you think for kick ash basket ? I’m planning to get one 

I got a kick ash basket for one of my kamados.. it's a great product. I would say it is great for getting the ash out quick and easy. and an ash free firebox is a firebox with good airflow. but I think it may be a wee bit of an exaggeration to say there is improved airflow in a KAB over a properly cleaned fire grate. the advantage is in time and effort more than oxygen imho.

kamado. you got a bunch of cash burning a hole in your pocket you might want to look at grill grates. best accessories for any grill imho.

5 minutes ago, prowe said:

kamado. you got a bunch of cash burning a hole in your pocket you might want to look at grill grates. best accessories for any grill imho.

Any recommendations bro ? Cast iron grill grate would be nice 

19 minutes ago, ndg_2000 said:

I have a Pitt Boss 24 and have been looking at getting a K.A.B. But decided to improve the air flow another way. I know this doesn't help with knocking out the ash but it does improve the air flow. 

I bought 2 cake stands with legs and bent the legs in to hold the 2 stands in place. They are twisted so they would form a grid. if you look at the photo you will see what I mean. 

15417151258383930957377763638869.jpg

Hi bro

such a cool idea, well done , that’s an another way to do better airflow 

Just now, KamadoSalim said:

Any recommendations bro ? Cast iron grill grate would be nice 

sorry, brotha. this confuses folks "GrillGrates" is a brand of aluminum grates. I use them often. I have cast iron grates on my first kamado, and they are kind of a pain to maintain. take a look at the "GrillGrates" website. nice product.

5 minutes ago, prowe said:

sorry, brotha. this confuses folks "GrillGrates" is a brand of aluminum grates. I use them often. I have cast iron grates on my first kamado, and they are kind of a pain to maintain. take a look at the "GrillGrates" website. nice product.

Cheers bro, I’m gonna to have a look at them, I bet we don’t have them in Australia

39 minutes ago, KamadoSalim said:

Cheers bro, I’m gonna to have a look at them, I bet we don’t have them in Australia

Hey Mate BBQ Galore carry GrillGrates (the product) that will be cut to fil your Kamado perfectly

In regards to the Kick Ash Basket, I have one for both my KJ and BGE and i think theyre great

While i wouldnt agree that it "improves" air flow allowing for hotter fires (thats another conversation for another time) it does make cleaning your grill SO much easier

Of all the Kamado accessories i have purchased, the KAB is the only one i highly recomend to new people

Edited by Polar Bear

1 hour ago, Polar Bear said:

Hey Mate BBQ Galore carry GrillGrates (the product) that will be cut to fil your Kamado perfectly

In regards to the Kick Ash Basket, I have one for both my KJ and BGE and i think theyre great

While i wouldnt agree that it "improves" air flow allowing for hotter fires (thats another conversation for another time) it does make cleaning your grill SO much easier

Of all the Kamado accessories i have purchased, the KAB is the only one i highly recomend to new people

Thanks bro , where did ya get your kick ash basket ? 

52 minutes ago, Polar Bear said:

Urban Griller in WA are the only importer and stockists for KAB in Aus

Urban griller, I got a quote just before , $130 for kab and gasket Is $46 plus $18 delivery fee 

50 minutes ago, KamadoSalim said:

Urban griller, I got a quote just before , $130 for kab and gasket Is $46 plus $18 delivery fee 

Sounds about right

Theyre the only game in town for KAB