Sign in to follow this  
KismetKamado

Chops and Veggies

Trying to embrace some indoor cooking. Just haven’t quite had the moxie to fire up the grill weeknights in the cold after work with as late as I’m getting home. In hindsight though, I would be saving myself time in mess cleanup if I did fire up the grill.  

Prepped some uniquely colorful veggies with a uniquely colorful knife. 

17DA7FC6-3CE2-4802-8E3D-2F86E3408FBA.thumb.jpeg.53265624b9c5cf05de40d86ef002d9cc.jpeg

Got the veggies sautéeing in a carbon steel pan on the stovetop. 

5FF81EEF-5AF0-46D1-8E14-387A0C0EDC7E.thumb.jpeg.c060c92c0aef4495a89feff8a448a471.jpeg

Threw some chops in my hacked off handle CI pan that I like to use on Akorn Jr. 

783D5EB0-B6BD-4C58-B55C-CB34A95B30AA.thumb.jpeg.edf99a5d149357b1699f23d67d7aecc5.jpeg

That really started to make a mess.... I hate cooking inside....

Turned the chops once they had a nice crust. 

B065A566-C05E-443E-8514-002210F6B9AF.thumb.jpeg.397594ba324b57a850276c06b4d8cda8.jpeg

Once they were getting towards 140, made a quick pan sauce with white wine and butter. 

97D17FC7-1059-46AF-86BA-29954DF5D6DA.thumb.jpeg.dc99a7caefc767fc8a5e7b279cb0f409.jpeg

Plated up for a late dinner. It was worth the lengthy clean up....

CB462170-70DE-4D15-B952-053E4B835F2C.thumb.jpeg.3596e7ad3d0d519a678e9532879ef885.jpeg

14 hours ago, Never L8 4 chow said:

Looks like it was tasty. I miss chops, wife’s not a fan of the other white meat, so I get a lot of something you’ve expressed a great love for, fish.:mrgreen:

I hope you enjoy that which lives in the water more than I do....  :)

9 hours ago, ndg_2000 said:

Everything looks delicious..... except the sprouts sorry never got over hating sprouts as a kid :-D. I'm sure you enjoyed 

Thank you!  I am not a huge sprouts fan but these ones were purple and thought I would give them a try.  They were ok, but I've been there, done that, and probably wouldn't do it again any time soon.  The pork chops were amazing - as was the mess on my stovetop.  

Your kids are blessed, I wish my mom cooked like that. I am guessing not too much conversation once the chops and veggies hit the table. Hint on the sprouts, throw in some bacon grease and crumbled bacon, and maybe some slivered almonds for crunch. :) Fine cook, my friend. 

On 11/9/2018 at 7:22 PM, keeperovdeflame said:

Your kids are blessed, I wish my mom cooked like that. I am guessing not too much conversation once the chops and veggies hit the table. Hint on the sprouts, throw in some bacon grease and crumbled bacon, and maybe some slivered almonds for crunch. :) Fine cook, my friend. 

Thanks for the kind words, @keeperovdeflame!  I grew up on a lot of casseroles and simple easy home cooked meals - my mom was amazing.  She worked two jobs and took night classes at the college, but still managed to have some sort of home cooked meal for us all the time.  We almost never ate out and if we did, it was something cheap.  I still have a hankering for those things she made to this day.  My husband and I often talk about how well our family eats - and how it is not the norm these days.  He has a tendency to put a price tag on our meals.... "if we were at a restaurant this would be a 'such and such' dollar plate....."

I think you are spot on as far as the sprouts go.  They were ok, but could have used a little more somethin' somethin'.  I have a few left that may very well get this treatment.  :)

5 hours ago, KismetKamado said:

Thanks for the kind words, @keeperovdeflame!  I grew up on a lot of casseroles and simple easy home cooked meals - my mom was amazing.  She worked two jobs and took night classes at the college, but still managed to have some sort of home cooked meal for us all the time.  We almost never ate out and if we did, it was something cheap.  I still have a hankering for those things she made to this day.  My husband and I often talk about how well our family eats - and how it is not the norm these days.  He has a tendency to put a price tag on our meals.... "if we were at a restaurant this would be a 'such and such' dollar plate....."

I think you are spot on as far as the sprouts go.  They were ok, but could have used a little more somethin' somethin'.  I have a few left that may very well get this treatment.  :)

When I do sprouts, I start off by frying two strips of bacon. When done,  I pull the bacon, and then drain a little of the grease off, actually, to be truthful,  sometimes I just leave it all in. Then I add the sprouts which have been washed the ends trimmed and cut in half length ways With a healthy sprinkle of McCormick's roasted garlic and herb blend to the hot pan and grease, if the sprouts aren't dry they will splatter and throw grease on you and  everywhere. I cook them  on the grill outside, until I see a fair amount of black. When I bring them in, I add a handful and a half  of dried cranberries, with slivered almonds and toasted pumpkin seeds or pinion nuts. I also add the crumbled bacon, and a healthy drizzle of balsamic glaze.  stir it all up and let it sit just a minute or two to heat everything you added, and it's good to serve.  This is the gold standard sprouts prep around my house.