Sign in to follow this  
Marty

PORK LOIN

I have a confession, I for the most part do not really like pork loin. Philpom's pork loin  supreme is always well received but for the most part my family just does not care for PL. I do like this recipe from Sara Moulton back when she was on Food network. It came from Marina Escobar when Sara did one of her trips out of the studio. Marina runs a Colombian  restaurant named La Pequena in NYC. This will keep a week in a meat drawer. If left a week the marinade does not get strong. But even a 10 to 15 minute rest in the marinade at room temp is just as good. Once done it is just a matter of breading the scallopine and sauteing each side. So this easy and quick to make from the refrigerator The flavor is different than any thing I have tasted and I do like it.  I think it is worth a try

Colombian-Style Pork Scallopine :Chuleta Empanizada

1/2 cup milk

1/4 cup white wine or dry Vermouth

1/4 cup chopped onion

1 1/2 tsp adobo seasoning

4 large eggs

3 cloves of garlic

2 scallions chopped

salt and pepper

to make the marinade put ingredients in a blender

butterfly the pork loin and pound out as thin as possible and place inside of a large zip lock with the marinade.  Remove the pork from the marinade and press into bread crumbs to fully coat.

Lightly coat a skillet with oil and heat  over medium high heat. Work in batches cooking each side once for around 5 minutes for each side. The surfaces should both  be lightly browned

Home made hot sauce

10 Jalapenos stemmed

1/4 C water

1/4 C white distilled vinegar

1/4 C fresh squeezed lemon juice

1 1/2 C fresh chopped scallions

1C finely chopped cilantro

2 tsp salt

reserve the scallions and cilantro then blend and salt to taste. When done add the chopped cilantro and scallions. Serve with the pork.

I do hope you try this and like it as much as I do.