3547fl

Joe Classic clearance

Yup. Ace ran this $699 deal last year. I had the same experience as @fbov: ordered, Ace canceled. Ordered again, Ace canceled. Ordered again, by phone confirming in-stock, Ace canceled.

The benevolent Kamado gods then smiled on me when amazon ran an even better deal ($650 or so, iirc), free delivery, plus 5% cash back with my amazon prime card.

About half the cost of a KJCII was a no-brainer for me to skip the improvements. As I said on my posts last year about my KJ quest, I’m a cheap %#*%+

On 11/15/2018 at 8:46 AM, Chris Topher said:

... The benevolent Kamado gods then smiled on me when amazon ran an even better deal ...

Me too. Arrived in pieces... many, many pieces. 

Best I can tell, it was a size issue... I hadn't realized I needed a Big Joe. By the third time, I'd learned. No regrets.

Frank

On 11/15/2018 at 7:46 AM, Chris Topher said:

About half the cost of a KJCII was a no-brainer for me to skip the improvements. As I said on my posts last year about my KJ quest, I’m a cheap %#*%+

For a classic, Ive seen no improvments. 
The KT isnt as good as the daisy wheel. Wheel is easier to control/consistent and doesn't flake paint into the food.

Youll get the firebox eventually, but the old one works well (probably better because no warped ring)
The air lift hinge isnt needed.
The seal is better on the 2 but the felt works well and is cheap to replace.
You got a deal and probably the better deal