Made some grill fried hot wings on the Kamado Joe classic. Seasoned the wings with some kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper. Sprayed them with some vegetable oil, tossed them in some Lefty's Spicey Fish & Chicken Mix. I highly recommend it if you can find it. I happened upon it at Shoprite and all I can say is I love it. After I applied one coat I rested the wings on a cookie cooling rack over a half sheet. An hour later when the dry mix got all gooey I applied a second coat to get it extra crispy. While that was resting I lit the KJ, inserted the deflector plates in the high position and brought the temp up to 425°. Once up to temp I let it ride for for 15 minutes just to make sure the grill was thoroughly warmed through.  Put the wings on and flipped them every 10 minutes for even cooking for 45 minutes and voila!!! Crispy hot wings.
    20181117_183019.thumb.jpg.47c804bc526bb16cce134872791a118c.jpg

20181117_183009.thumb.jpg.fa4dfea7c10d96adf9472311ec38019c.jpg

20181117_183016.thumb.jpg.f8ed409822d574cc380ee19535df6edf.jpg

20181117_193308.thumb.jpg.44b133329030cd8c4bbb4934676f9742.jpg

20181117_193323.thumb.jpg.76da8d10232248ee5024ef2956a0c878.jpg

Those look great.  No problem finding Lefty's here, they are in my backyard.  Backstory my wife went to school with the owner's son, we've ate at the restaurant for years it's really good.  Try there sauces if you get a chance, I prefer the hot.  @aljosephif you want me to send you some just PM me and I'll get some out to you. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Big Biscuit
      Made some cod the other day on the KJ classic for me and my wife. It's a fairly simple and light meal for anyone watching their waistline. All I did was make two foil packets spray them down with some oil. Then I lined it with sliced onions, and tomatoes. After that I placed two pieces of cod loin which I've seasoned with some McCormick's Garden Vegetable on the veggies. Then tossed on some sliced lemons. Put them on the KJ and cooked till the cod hit an IT of 140°.
    • By DerHusker
      Spent an uneventful time at home watching it rain outside most of the weekend. The one thing we could do was prepare for the Super Bowl. What goes good while watching a football game? Wings & Thangs of course. I’ve made these Honey Sriracha Chicken Wings and Buffalo Chicken Potato Skins before and they turned out great so I made them again and decided to share the pics.
      See link for detailed recipe and cooking method:  https://www.kamadoguru.com/topic/38718-honey-sriracha-chicken-wings-and-buffalo-chicken-potato-skins/
      All I got this time were these plated shots

They were extremely delicious just like the last time.
      Thanks for looking.
    • By Edward Cook
      Decided to smoke some wings on the Kamado for the Super Bowl ... preached "The Gospel" to these wings!

After about an hour of some hickory smoke ...

Get these inside!

With some hot wing sauce (Siracha, Crystal, butter) and some raspberry chipotle sauce ... Yum!
    • By TheGHole
      Made these Jack and Coke chicken thighs last night, recipe courtesy of http://howtobbqright.com/2016/10/07/jack-coke-chicken-thighs/.  Turned out incredible!  Meat was super rich and juicy, the skin tighten up with the ultra flavorful tacky glaze, and they even formed up pretty nice.  I served them with some sweet corn on the cob, pasta salad with fresh mozzarella, sun-dried tomatoes, fresh basil, and some other things, and a mustard vinaigrette butter lettuce salad.

My only recipe modifications were that I used peach preserves instead of pineapple because I couldn't find pineapple, and I used half the brown sugar that the recipe said in the glaze because my all purpose rub has some sugar and the one he uses does not.  Next time, I would make the glaze slightly less salty to let some of the other notes shine through a bit more, and I might put a little less wood one before smoking.  Overall very happy with how these turned out and encourage y'all to try it!

Please let me know if you have any tips or questions...I'm always trying to get better!

• By Big Biscuit
      Some wangs seasoned with Oak Ridge BBQ Secret Weapon and slathered with Sweet & Spicy, and Honey BBQ Baby Ray's sauce. I also added a little extra heat via some cayenne pepper powder. 
       I just started a load of lump charcoal with a starter cube. Put the ×-rack on the high position, placed the heat diffuser half moons on, and then the grill grate. I closed the dome and opened the bottom vent completely. Then I opened the daisy wheel so all the holes aligned and swung the vent on top about a 1/4 of the way open. Waited for the temp to approach 400°, then closed the bottom vent about half way. Put the wings on and flipped them a few time so they would cook evenly. When they were almost done placed them in a stainless steel bowl tossed them with sauce threw them back on for a few minutes and viola!