KismetKamado

Breakfast Keeper Style

My husband has been on a kick of having tamales for breakfast on the weekends. Long story, but Friday nights he had a standing rendezvous with some sort of fundraising group selling tamales....

Anyway, I am tamale’d out. I threw the white flag this morning and made breakfast with a little inspiration from @keeperovdeflame’s recent post. 

Got some shi####o peppers started before adding a few leftover peppers and onions from pizza last night and some jalapeños.... then went in the eggs. 

5D56C782-872E-4DD0-A494-D219C82E8FDA.thumb.jpeg.26f1122a8a851ab64a833499f9829aaa.jpeg

Plated up on a slice of sourdough slathered with mashed avocado. 

EF346C72-D090-4E55-9502-73776A3E0369.thumb.jpeg.1ad03a9f2d76415091ba2739f73751cc.jpeg

Whoa, Girlfriend, that is definitely a step up. I am thinking you should call it Gooooooood Moooooooornig Wyoming. Wake up the taste buds  :worship: that dish could wake the dead. I am guessing hubby loved it, I know I would. Looks really pretty on the plate as well. Fine use of what's in the fridge and a little imagination. 

1 hour ago, keeperovdeflame said:

Whoa, Girlfriend, that is definitely a step up. I am thinking you should call it Gooooooood Moooooooornig Wyoming. Wake up the taste buds  :worship: that dish could wake the dead. I am guessing hubby loved it, I know I would. Looks really pretty on the plate as well. Fine use of what's in the fridge and a little imagination. 

Thank you, keeper!

It was fantastic. Thanks for the inspiration!  The bites that had a little bit of everything (peppers and onions were hid under the egg) were simply delicious. I could see myself doing that more often. 

On 11/18/2018 at 9:45 PM, KismetKamado said:

Thanks, @TKOBBQ!  It was definitely tasty. It’s a good thing I only have breakfast on the weekends. 

Breakfast only on the weekends? Poor poor Mr KK. So you don't get up extra early before you go to work to make Mr KK a nice breakfast like that everyday? ....That poor guy!

11 hours ago, Ron5850 said:

Breakfast only on the weekends? Poor poor Mr KK. So you don't get up extra early before you go to work to make Mr KK a nice breakfast like that everyday? ....That poor guy!

Yep... Poor Mr. KK indeed.  Not only do I not feed him on the weekdays.... I make him make my breakfast which consists of filling up my coffee mug with black coffee.  Sometimes he messes it up..... and I make sure he hears about it when he does.  :)