Mark_from_Quebec

Ultra-Bright Grill Light by Smokeware - are you happy with it for your new Big Joe or found better?

The using my phone for light is getting old, does anyone have experience with the Ultra-Bright Grill Light by Smokeware? 

Are you using it on a newer Big Joe and can you recommend it or something better?

its the same site I plan on ordering my grate racks from, so I thought I would order the light at the same time.

I just don’t like the fact that it’s not weatherproof.

33 minutes ago, Mark_from_Quebec said:

The using my phone for light is getting old, does anyone have experience with the Ultra-Bright Grill Light by Smokeware? 

Are you using it on a newer Big Joe and can you recommend it or something better?

its the same site I plan on ordering my grate racks from, so I thought I would order the light at the same time.

I just don’t like the fact that it’s not weatherproof.

30 bucks??? I get those same led lights for free with any purchase from Harbor Freight. The clip looks nice but I can fashion something up for that... just saying...

The Elf on the shelf that brings my daughter and wife our first stocking stuffers of December brought this cheap-o from Walmart...I don't know how i ever did without it honestly.  It works great for a $9 add on instead of adding dedicated grill Flood Lights on the patio roof like I was initially going to. 

https://grocery.walmart.com/ip/Expert-Grill-LED-Grill-Light-w-Silicone-Cover-Black/340431622

8 minutes ago, Gayton81 said:

The Elf on the shelf that brings my daughter and wife our first stocking stuffers of December brought this cheap-o from Walmart...I don't know how i ever did without it honestly.  It works great for a $9 add on instead of adding dedicated grill Flood Lights on the patio roof like I was initially going to. 

https://grocery.walmart.com/ip/Expert-Grill-LED-Grill-Light-w-Silicone-Cover-Black/340431622

Interesting for the price, but I'm curious how it performs with this stated feature:

Prevents small vegetables from falling through the grates

:rofl:

I have lighting on my deck and it works great for my BG but the spot I am going to place my new Timberline will not be covered well, so I am getting a head lamp. I have used them before and I always liked the "light where you are looking" capability of the headlamp.

21 hours ago, mbellot said:

Interesting for the price, but I'm curious how it performs with this stated feature:

:rofl:

I too was curious.  So I tried grilling corn off the cobb the other night directly on the grill.  When I poured the corn out of a can on the grill, the light jumped right off the handle, put on a baseball glove, and slid right through the grate to catch the little kernels that were falling...it was amazing.  Bwahahaha!

some companies advertising isn’t the greatest.